The Latics are rooted to the foot of the table as they prepare to entertain Harry Redknapp's side, who are struggling to find form ahead of their clash with Real Madrid
Shop for the latest footy kit
|Wigan Athletic: Al Habsi; Gohouri, Alcaraz, G Caldwell, Figueroa; Moses, Thomas, McCarthy, Cleverley, N’Zogbia; Rodallega.
|Tottenham: Gomes; Corluka, Dawson, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Jenas, Modric, Pienaar; Van der Vaart; Defoe.
- Wigan have conceded more goals at home than any other team at home this season, letting in a total of 31 strikes at the DW.
- The hosts haven't kept a clean sheet at home for eight games.
- Roberto Martinez's side also have the worst shot conversion rate in the league, netting only 10 per cent of their attempts on goal.
- The Latics have never been at the foot of the Premier League table in April.
- The home side have only beaten Spurs twice in their history, having met 12 times.
- Tottenham have more 2-1 wins than anyone else in the league, racking up the score a total of seven times this season.
- The White Hart Lane outfit failed to pick up a win in March despite playing against two teams in the league's bottom six.
- Harry Redknapp's side have come back from losing positions more than anyone else, picking up 21 points from behind this season.
- Spurs have committed fewer fouls than anybody else in the league so far with only 309 offences to their name.
- Jermain Defoe averages a goal per game against Wigan, hitting 10 in 10 against the Latics.
August 28, 2010: Tottenham 0-1 Wigan Athletic
Hugo Rodallega smashed home a second-half winner to give the Latics their first points of the campaign as Tottenham slumped to their first defeat.
Our provides the best breaking news online and our football fan community is unmatched worldwide. Never miss a thing again!