Spurs were knocked out of the cup after a gruelling 120 goalless minutes against Stoke City resulted in penalties, and face a team who have not lost in their last six home games
Van Aanholt, Lopez, Caldwell, Figueroa
Watson, Gomez, McCarthy
Maloney, Moses, Di Santo
Walker, King, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto
Van der Vaart, Parker, Modric, Bale
Hugo Rodallega (knee) suffered an injury in the 3-1 defeat at Everton, and will not play any part in the game against Harry Redknapp's men.
Tottenham Hotspur are without Michael Dawson (Achilles) and Steven Pienaar (groin) for the trip to the DW Stadium, while Niko Kranjcar and Aaron Lennon are both doubts for the upcoming clash.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Wigan Athletic have not lost in their last six Premier League games at home, winning on three occasions.
- Franco Di Santo has already scored three goals in five appearances this season, clearly bettering the dubious distinction of having bagged a solitary goal last term.
- The Latics have beaten Tottenham only twice in their last 12 Premier League meetings.
- During that game, Jermain Defoe (pictured right) etched his name into the Premier League history books by scoring five goals. Only Andy Cole, Alan Shearer and Dimitar Berbatov have achieved that feat.
- In a total of 13 meetings between the two sides, Spurs have scored 30 times whereas Wigan have responded with only 12 goals.
Download the Goal.com Mobile app, and the world of football will be at your fingertips and in your pocket!