Los Che will be out for revenge as Joaquin Caparros' side's last trip to the Mestalla saw a 2-1 away victory for the visitors
Bruno, Ruiz, Rami, Mathieu
Albelda, Tino Costa
Pablo, Jonas, Alba
Chico, Nunes, Ramis, P.Caceres
Nsue, Alfaro, Castro
Unai Emery has a few selection issues for for the match against Mallorca on Sunday afternoon. Jeremy Mathieu, Victor Ruiz, and Adil Rami have all shook off minor injuries and all are in contention to start the match. Miguel is doubtful after picking up a knock against Barcelona last month, from which he is still recovering.
The only long-term absentees for Valencia is Sergio Canales, who has returned to light training after his ligament injury, and Ever Banega, who will miss six months of the season after breaking his leg in a freak car accident. Hedwiges Maduro is also out of action for the foreseeable future.
Joaquin Caparros has a number of first-team players doubtful for the La Liga encounter. Michael Pereira, Dudu Aouate, and Victor Caceres only participated in light training on Thursday, so it is touch and go whether they will feature.
Fernando Tissone is unlikely to be available after missing training this week with an ankle injury.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last encounter between Valencia and Mallorca saw a late Tomer Hemed strike cancel out Adil Rami's first half goal which shared the points in a 1-1 draw.
- Valencia are in pole position to progress to the quarter-finals of the Europa League after defeating PSV 4-2 in the first leg of the side's round of 16 clash on Thursday.
- Unai Emery's side currently lie in third place in the Primera Division, five points ahead of Levante, but trail Barcelona in second place by 14 points.
- Mallorca's last trip to the Mestalla proved to be a fruitful visit. Two Chory Castro goals helped the Islanders to a vital 2-1 away victory.
- Mallorca's two top goalscorers this season are Tomer Hemed and Victor Casedesus, with six goals each.
- Joaquin Caparros' side have scored 14 goals less than Valencia in the league this season, but have conceded just one less, giving them the best goal difference in the bottom half of the table.