A vital victory over Nigeria made Oscar Tabarez's men favourites to qualify and only Eddy Etaeta's porous side stand in the way of a spot in the next round
Uruguay go into their final Group B fixture in third position, but will be confident of bettering Nigeria's result against Spain and reaching the semi-finals.
La Celeste's victory against the Super Eagles gave them the upper hand in the battle to advance, but they will be keen to show an improvement in front of goal and secure a large victory against the Oceania champions.
Oscar Tabarez will only be without Diego Lugano who is suspended having already picked up two yellow cards in the tournament. Liverpool's Sebastian Coates is therefore likely to fill in at the centre of defence.
The coach may take the opportunity to rotate some more players, despite the need for a large number of goals, but Uruguay cannot afford to underestimate their opponents at risk of enormous embarrassment.
Eddy Etaeta, meanwhile, has a full completent to select from in his Tahiti squad. The Pacific islanders, who have become the darlings of the tournament despite conceding 16 goals in two games, know that they face another tough test and will need to markedly improve defensively in order to keep the score down.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sunday will provide the first ever meeting between these two international sides.
- Diego Forlan (pictured, right) marked his 100th Uruguay appearance with the winning goal against Nigeria in midweek. He is now his country's highest scoring player ever with 34 goals.
- La Celeste reached the semi-final stage in their only previous Confederations Cup campaign, ending the tournament in fourth position.
- Tahiti suffered the competitions largest ever defeat when they lost 10-0 to World Champions Spain on Thursday. It was also the biggest loss in the nation's football history.
- The current Oceania champions are ranked 138th in the Fifa rankings.
- Eddy Etaeta's side are already eliminated from the tournament but have won the hearts of football fans across the globe.