La Celeste face a daunting test in Sunday's Group B opener against the world and European champions, who they are yet to beat in six previous attempts
Arbeloa, Pique, Ramos, Alba
Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta
Pedro, Villa, Mata
M Pereira, Lugano, Godin, Caceres
Perez, Gargano, A Pereira
Cavani, Forlan, Suarez
Barcelona's Victor Valdes is set to start as Spain's goalkeeper in their Confederations Cup clash against Uruguay at the Arena Pernambuco.
Captain Iker Casillas featured in friendly wins over Haiti and the Republic of Ireland last week, but is unlikely to get the nod on Sunday, as he has not played for his club side Real Madrid since January.
Coach Vicente del Bosque will have to choose between David Villa and Fernando Torres in attack, with Cesc Fabregas offering another alternative as a 'false nine' striker.
Uruguay forward Luis Suarez is available after missing Tuesday's World Cup qualifier win over Venezuela through suspension.
Boss Oscar Tabarez could name an attack-minded side with Suarez, Diego Forlan and Edinson Cavani all starting together.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Spain are unbeaten in their last 22 matches, winning 15.
- La Roja have never lost to Uruguay in six previous encounters (W3, D3).
- Spain are taking part in only their second Confederations Cup. Their only previous campaign ended with a third-place finish in 2009.
- Uruguay have just won one of their last seven competitive matches (W1, D2, L4).
- The Copa America winners lost 3-1 to Spain in a friendly in Qatar in February.
- Luis Suarez (pictured, right) is Uruguay's top scorer in their 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign with eight goals.