BVB will be looking to avenge their week eight loss to the Royal Blues on Saturday in Gelsenkirchen
Uchida, Howedes, Matip, Kolasinac
Farfan, Draxler, Bastos
Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer
Blaszczykowski, Gotze, Reus
Borussia Dortmund are flying high after Tuesday’s elimination of Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League, although with Bayern Munich 17 points clear in the Bundesliga table, die Schwarzgelben will be mostly concerned with sealing second place over the next 10 rounds.
Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp will be without Sven Bender in this derby as the midfielder continues his battle for full fitness, and right-back Patrick Owomoyela remains sidelined and has not featured all season.
He will, however, have top-scorer Robert Lewandowski available for selection following the Poland international’s suspension, and defender Mats Hummels has recovered from his bout of flu.
Schalke, in sixth place and 10 points adrift of their second-placed arch-rivals, are still without goalkeeper Lars Unnerstall, who has a knee injury, while winger Ibrahim Afellay also misses out with a muscle problem.
Jens Keller will also be without central defender Kyriakos Papadopoulos, who is recovering following knee surgery, and midfielder Jermaine Jones is suspended.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Borussia Dortmund have won just three of their last seven matches heading into Saturday’s derby against Schalke.
- Dortmund’s 54 goals are second only to Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga.
- Last season Dortmund did the league and cup double for the first time in their history.
- Schalke drew 1-1 with Turkish champions Galatasaray in the first leg of their Champions League round of 16 tie on February 20.
- Injuries have plagued Netherlands striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar so far this season, and he has scored just six goals in the Bundesliga this campaign. He notched 29 last term.
- Schalke were 2-1 winners in Dortmund last October but have not beaten their arch-rivals on this ground in the Bundesliga since February 2010.