Two old rivals will lock horns in the first-leg of their Coppa Italia semi-final at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome
|Roma: Doni; Cassetti, Burdisso, Juan, Riise; Pizarro, De Rossi; Taddei, Perrotta, Vucinic; Totti
|Inter: Julio Cesar; Maicon, Ranocchia, Lucio, Nagatomo; Zanetti, Cambiasso, Stankovic; Sneijder; Milito, Eto'o
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Roma lost 1-0 to Inter in the Coppa Italia final last year at the Stadio Olimpico.
- Francesco Totti has seven goals in the last five games.
- Roma have been awarded the most penalties in Serie A this season (11).
- The capital club have lost their last two matches at home.
- Inter have lost four of their last five games in all competitions.
- Samuel Eto'o hasn't scored in his last seven matches overall.
- The Serie A titleholders have conceded 12 goals in their past five encounters.
- Leonardo's side have lost their last three matches on the road in all competitions and have been outscored 7-1 during that span.
February 6, 2011: Inter 5-3 Roma
Samuel Eto’o netted a brace to guide Inter past Roma in an eight-goal thriller at San Siro. Wesley Sneijder opened the scoring in the early going before Fabio Simplicio levelled proceedings ten minutes later.
Inter then took control of the game with Eto’o scoring on either side of the half-time interval before Thiago Motta extended the lead to 4-1 over the ten-man visitors.
However Roma refused to wilt and mounted a comeback scoring two goals in six minutes to pull within a goal before Cambiasso sealed it for the champions late on.