The Basque outfit are level with Valencia in fourth in the Liga standings and can ill afford to drop points at home to the second-placed Blancos on Sunday
Real Sociedad midfielder Asier Illarramendi will undergo a late fitness test ahead of the weekend clash against Real Madrid after suffering a muscle injury in last Saturday's win at Sevilla.
Forward Carlos Vela is suspended after accumulating 10 yellow cards, while defender Mikel Gonzalez is back in contention after returning from a one-match ban.
Madrid trio Sergio Ramos, Fabio Coentrao and Xabi Alonso sustained knocks in the Copa del Rey final defeat against Atletico Madrid and are doubtful to feature.
Defender Raphael Varane (knee) is definitely out but forward Cristiano Ronaldo is available as his two-game ban for his red card in the final only applies to Copa matches.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Real Sociedad have only won two of their last five matches in La Liga (W2, D2, L1).
- The Basque outfit have lost their last seven Liga encounters with Real Madrid.
- Philippe Montanier will leave Sociedad to join Ligue 1 side Rennes at the end of the season.
- Real Madrid have just won two of their last six away matches in all competitions (W2, D2, L2).
- Cristiano Ronaldo (pictured, right) has scored six goals in his last four appearances against Sociedad.