Jose Mourinho's men travel to the Basque region where they will be looking for their sixth straight win in La Liga against a struggling Basque side
C. Martinez, I. Martinez, Demidov, Bella
Prieto, Zurutuza, Griezmann
Arbeloa, Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo
Xabi Alonso, Khedira
Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo
Real Madrid will be without the injured Raul Albiol who is currently nursing a fractured cheekbone, while Nuri Sahin and Ricardo Carvalho are not yet fit after recent knee and back injuries respectively.
Jose Mourinho is expected to rotate from the side who beat Villarreal 3-0 on Wednesday with Kaka and Karim Benzema likely to make way for Mesut Ozil and Gonzalo Higuain in attack.
Sociedad are likely to go with one up front with on-loan striker Carlos Vela leading the line. Captain Mikel Aranburu could return in the centre of midfield while Xabi Prieto may return to the starting line-up ahead of Daniel Estrada.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
Real Sociedad have lost only one of their last eight home games in the league, although they have won only one of their last five.
- Philippe Montanier's men are 15th in the Liga table, having won only two of their opening nine games.
- The last time that Undiano Mallenco was referee for this match, the game ended 2-2 in November 2005, with both sides being reduced to 10 men.
- Real Madrid have won the last 67 league games where they have taken the lead, a run that started after a 2-1 defeat against Osasuna in May 2009.
- Angel di Maria has seven assists in La Liga, more than any other player in the league this season.
- Madrid are unbeaten in their last eight games against the Basque club, winning six of these encounters.
How do you stay up with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com –your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.