Jose Mourinho's men face a difficult challenge in the form of the newly-promoted side, who have started the season in impressive style
Ramos, Carvalho, Pepe, Marcelo
Xabi Alonso, Diarra
Ronaldo, Ozil, Kaka
Chica, Amaya, Dorado, Perez
Vadillo, Sevilla, Montero
After striking a stunning hat-trick against Espanyol in their last league outing, Gonzalo Higuain is expected to retain his spot in attack as Karim Benzema continues to recover from injury. Nuri Sahin remains out, while Raul Albiols fractured cheekbone is likely to keep him out for the remainder of the month.
Jose Mourinho has been given a boost, however, with the news that Pepe and Fabio Coentrao have returned from muscle injuries and will be in contention to feature. Lassana Diarra and Sami Khedira will battle for the midfield berth alongside Xabi Alonso.
Betis coach Pepe Mel has far less to worry him in terms of his team's fitness, and indeed Nelson is the only player ruled out of the clash at this stage.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Real Madrid thrashed Betis 6-1 the last time the sides met at Santiago Bernabeu, in February 2009.
- Madrid have netted 13 goals in their last three outings, victories over Rayo Vallecano, Ajax, and Espanyol.
- Levante are the only team to defeat Real Madrid in the Primera Division so far this season, overcoming Jose Mourinho's side 1-0 last month.
- Striker Gonzalo Higuain has netted consecutive hat-tricks for club and country, against Espanyol and Chile
- Real Betis' last victory at Santiago Bernabeu in La Liga came in November 1998, when they achieved a 1-0 victory.
- After four consecutive wins to kick off the campaign, the Sevilla-based side have recorded back-to-back losses against Getafe and Levante.
Download the Goal.com Mobile app, and the world of football will be at your fingertips and in your pocket!