A crippling injury wave during the international break has decimated Jose Mourinho's squad ahead of Saturday's clash with the Galician outfit at the Santiago Bernabeu
Ramos, Pepe, Albiol, Nacho
Callejon, Modric, Ronaldo
Mallo, Cabral, Tunez, Lago
Fernandez, Park, Krohn-Dehli
Real Madrid are facing an ever-growing sick list that could rob them of a half a dozen players for their Primera Division encounter with Celta Vigo.
Full-backs Marcelo (foot), Alvaro Arbeloa (hamstring) and Fabio Coentrao (groin) are definitely out after sustaining injuries during international duty, while Sami Khedira, Raphael Varane, Karim Benzema and Gonzalo Higuain are all racing to be fit for the Bernabeu match.
Coach Jose Mourinho looks set to ease his defensive crisis by handing a start to Castilla's Nacho at left-back, with Sergio Ramos likely to step in at the opposite flank.
Celta Vigo goalkeeper Javi Varas has resumed training after suffering a dislocated finger and may return to the starting XI.
Nacho Insa (knee) and Andres Tunez (back) will be handed late fitness tests, while striker Toni (ankle) is fit.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Real Madrid are on a 15-match unbeaten Liga run at the Santiago Bernabeu (W12, D3).
- The Castilian side have already dropped 10 points in La Liga this term, just four fewer than in the whole of last season.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (pictured, right) has scored eight goals in his last three matches for Real in all competitions.
- Celta Vigo are yet to win on their travels in La Liga this term, having lost all three of their away fixtures to date.
- However, Os Celestes triumphed against Madrid on their last two Liga visits to the Bernabeu.
- Celta's last defeat away to Real was a 4-2 reverse in February 2004.