Didier Deschamps' men are on a run of 11 games without a win, and face Rene Girard's high-flyers who could move three points clear of the hosts' bitter rivals PSG.
OLYMPIQUE DE MARSEILLE
Fanni, Mbia, N'Koulou, Morel
Amalfitano, Valbuena, Ayew
Bocaly, Yanga-Mbiwa, Hilton, Bedimo
Camara, Belhanda, Utaka
Olympique de Marseille boss Didier Deschamps could be without right-back Cesar Azpilicueta who picked up a knock in Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Paris Saint-Germain. The young Spaniard, who was deployed as a left-back could be replaced by Jeremy Morel with Rod Fanni switching back on his favoured position on the right of defence.
Souleymane Diawara continues his rehabilitation from a serious knee injury whilst Deschamps will use Brandao up front as Loic Remy was left out of the squad, after failing to overcome a thigh problem. Andre Ayew, who has been struggling with a shoulder injury could well be rested ahead of Saturday's Coupe de la Ligue Final against Lyon.
Montpellier boss Rene Girard has no such injury worries with the return of former Marseille defender Garry Bocaly returning from suspension. Karim Ait Fana and Geoffrey Dernis could also feature as la Paillade seek to move clear at the top of Ligue 1.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Marseille are on their worst run of form for 50 years.
- Didier Deschamps' men have not kept a clean sheet in ten league games.
- L'OM have only picked up nine league points in 2012, a record only beaten by two sides in the dropzone.
- Marseille play Lyon in the Coupe de la Ligue Final on Saturday, aiming for their third straight title.
- Montpellier' have failed to win in 16 visits to Stade Velodrome.
- Rene Girard's side lost 4-0 to their southern rivals in this fixture last season.
- Two of Montpellier's last three goals against OM have come from own goals.
- The Ligue 1 leaders have only won one of their previous six away games.