Romanian club play a Premier League side for the first time in England, as the Red Devils look to recover at home after the drubbing they received at the hands of Manchester City
Fabio, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra
Valencia, Carrick, Anderson, Nani
Rapa, Ljubinkovic, Costin, Sarghi
Antal, Viglianti, Ibeh, Giurgiu, Ilie
Nemanja Vidic is suspended for this game, after seeing red in the previous fixture against Dorinel Munteanu's men. For the opposition, Milan Perendija is banned from participation in this clash, as he was also sent off in the game against the Red Devils in Romania.
The visitors not have as many injury-related worries as the home side, but are likely to be without Ioan Filip (leg), Adrian Salageanu (knee) and Bus (ankle).
The Red Devils are likely to come out in full force in their first game at home following the 6-1 hammering against Manchester City, and will likely want to make an example out of the Romanian outfit.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester United have won the tournament three times in their history, with their most recent triumph being in 2008. That year, they managed to beat Chelsea in the final on penalties at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow.
- The Red Devils have lost only once in their last 34 games at home in the Champions League. That defeat came in 2009, when Besiktas beat them as Rodrigo Tello scored the only goal of the match.
- United have conceded four goals in Group C, but find themselves in second place. Otelul shipped in only one more than the Old Trafford club, but are at the bottom of the group.
- Wayne Rooney is currently the highest scoring English player in the history of the Champions League, with 26 goals to his name. Two of those came against Dorinel Munteanu's charges in Romania.
- This is the first time that Otelul Galati will be playing a Premier League club in England, with their only encounter against any team from the country being the recent 2-0 defeat to Sir Alex Ferguson's men.
- The visitors are still looking for their first point in the group stage, as they have lost all three games they have played so far.
- The travellers are currently on a run of three consecutive victories in all competitions. But their last defeat came against the Red Devils.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.