|Manchester City: Hart; Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Zabaleta; Barry, de Jong; Silva, Yaya Toure, Tevez; Dzeko.
|Reading: McCarthy; Khizanishvili, Gunnarsson, Ingimarsson, Harte; Karacan, Legiertwood, Howard; Hunt, Long, Robson-Kanu.
- Manchester City's £27 million January signing Edin Dzeko has scored in both his FA Cup appearances but has yet to find the back of the net in seven Premier League appearances.
- City have not lifted a major piece of silverware since they beat Newcastle United 2-1 in the 1976 League Cup final.
- City have needed a replay in two of their three FA Cup ties this season.
- Carlos Tevez has scored five goals in his last seven F.A. Cup appearances.
- Of the games following each of their 10 Europa League fixtures this season, City have won six, lost three and drawn one.
- Reading hot-shot Shane Long was on the score sheet the last time the sides met when he netted the opener in the 2-0 Premier League victory on March 8 2008.
- Reading have won three of the last four meetings against City.
- City have needed a replay to beat Reading on the two occasions they've been drawn in the FA Cup.
- Shane Long has scored four goals in his last four FA Cup appearances.
- City and Reading have played each other 22 times in all competitions, with City winning 10, Reading seven and five games being drawn.
March 8, 2008: Reading 2-0 Manchester City
Goals from Shane Long and Dave Kitson temporarily lifted the Royals out of the Premier League relegation zone in a campaign in which they were ultimately destined for the drop.
Our provides the best breaking news online and our football fan community is unmatched worldwide. Never miss a thing again!