The two sides are the only ones that are yet to lose a game this season, with their undefeated streak stretching back 14 matches each as they prepare to lock horns
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Milner, Toure, Barry, Silva
Simpson, Taylor, Coloccini, Taylor
Obertan, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez
Gabriel Obertan (toe), Alan Smith (hamstring), Sylvain Marveaux (groin) and Michael Williamson (ankle) are all sidelined with respective injuries for Newcastle United, but Cheick Tiote has reportedly made progress in his recovery from a knee injury that he picked up last month.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City and Newcastle United are the only two teams that have not lost a single game in the Premier League this season. Stretching back to the last campaign, both sides have gone undefeated for 14 matches.
- City also have an excellent record against the men from Tyneside in the recent past, as they are undefeated in the last nine meetings between the two sides.
- Roberto Mancini's men have scored 39 goals in the Premier League so far. No other team has managed to hit the back of the net more times.
- But Newcastle United have been solid in defence, conceding only eight goals in the league. Theirs is the most miserly defence in the top-flight at the moment.
- Demba Ba (pictured right) has been prolific for the Toon this season, scoring eight goals in his last six league games, including a hat-trick against Stoke City. He is currently fifth in the goalscoring charts, with two opposition forwards - Edin Dzeko and Sergio Aguero - higher up, with the duo occupying the second and third places respectively.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.