Roberto Mancini will be aiming to maintain his side's 100 per cent start to the Premier League against their Serie A opponents, who triumphed 3-1 at the weekend
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Yaya Toure, Barry
Nasri, Silva, Milner
Aronica, Cannavaro, Campagnaro, Dossena
Inler, Hamsik, Maggio
Pandev, Cavani, Lavezzi
Samir Nasri should be fine to start the game after coming off the bench in the win over Wigan in which he played with a broken finger.
Walter Mazzarri has just the two players to worry about in Marco Donadel and Miguel Britos, with neither looking fit enough to feature at the Etihad Stadium.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Both Manchester City and Napoli will be making their first appearances in Europe’s elite competition in its current format on Wednesday night.
- The duo also have the same single European triumph each in the now rebranded Uefa Cup. City claimed the competition in 1970, with the Italian outfit winning in 1989.
- City striker Sergio Aguero’s father-in-law Diego Maradona was one of four different scorers for Napoli during the two-legged final back in that Uefa Cup victory.
- In terms of appearances in European competitions, City’s former goalkeeper Joe Corrigan heads the English club's list with 27, whilst Napoli’s comes in the form of Ciro Ferrara with just one more at 28.
- The Naples-based club stand in the current Uefa rankings at 72, with Roberto Mancini’s side a fair bit higher at 34.
- City boss Mancini has three European titles to his name from his playing career, winning the Cup Winners’ Cup on two occasions with Sampdoria and then Lazio, but he has yet to find any continental glory as a manager.