With just one win so far in the Premier League, the home side have made their joint-worst start after seven games, and face the 18th-placed Berkshire side who are without a win
Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Jose Enrique
Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling
Cummings, Mariappa, Gorkss, Harte
Kebe, Guthrie, Karacan, McAnuff
Liverpool are struggling with injuries after the international break, with Fabio Borini ruled out for three months and Andre Wisdom also ruled out with a shoulder problem.
Pepe Reina sustained an injury while warming up for Spain during their game against France, but should be fit to face the Royals while Jonjo Shelvey returns from suspension.
Lucas remains on the long-term injury list, but John Flanagan could be available soon as he recovers from an ankle problem.
Reading goalkeeper Adam Federici remains an injury doubt, with Alex McCarthy likely to continue to deputise.
However, Mikele Leigertwood should be fully recovered from the leg injury that kept him out of the game with Swansea.
Apart from that, the Royals have no new injury or suspension concerns as they search for a first Premier League victory this season.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Liverpool’s start of six points from seven games is their joint-worst points tally after that number of games, along with last season’s start.
- The Reds have won just two of their 13 Premier League home games in 2012, drawing five and losing six.
- Defender Daniel Agger is a qualified tattoo artist, and has offered to make a commemorative design for the entire squad if they win the Premier League.
- Reading have won just two of their last 23 away games in the Premier League, losing 15 and drawing six.
- Five players survive from when the Royals were last in the Premier League during the 2007-08 season, including Nicky Shorey (pictured right), who has returned to the club after spells at Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion.
- Striker Pavel Pogrebnyak has scored eight goals from just 11 shots on target during his time in the Premier League with Fulham and the Royals.