Reds' striker Andy Carroll unlikely to face his former club having missed out on last week's hammering of Birmingham as both sides look to pick up some end-of-season points
Elsewhere, young full-back duo John Flanagan and Jack Robinson are expected to start with Glen Johnson, Fabio Aurelio and Martin Kelly all sidelined.
Steven Harper, Leon Best, Dan Gosling and Alan Smith are also sidelined for the Magpies but there is small hope of a return for long-term absentee Hatem Ben Arfa, who hasn't played since October when he broke his leg under a challenge from Manchester City's Nigel De Jong.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Liverpool have only lost once in their last 13 Premier League games at home.
- If Kenny Dalglish's side grab victory on Sunday, it will be the club's 50th win over Newcastle at Anfield in the league.
- Dirk Kuyt (pictured right) has hit the back of the net seven times in his last six Premier league appearances.
- The hosts are the only side to have scored in every Premier League game they have played in 2011.
- Newcastle have failed to pick up a league win at Anfield since 1994.
- A victory for Alan Pardew's side would see them become the only side to have picked up three points away to both Merseyside clubs this term.
- Magpies' midfielder Cheik Tiote has been booked more than any other player in the league this season, picking up his 12th yellow card in his side's 1-1 draw away to Blackpool last Saturday.
- The visitors have only picked up six points from a possible 21 in their last seven games in the Premier League.
Commentaries, Stats, Player Ratings and much more,
Visit Goal.com Live Scores!