The champions have suffered on Merseyside over the last three seasons and face a team rejuvenated under Kenny Dalglish, with both managers having selection headaches for this one
Kelly, Skrtel, Carragher, Enrique
Kuyt, Gerrard, Lucas, Adam, Downing
Smalling, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra
Nani, Fletcher, Anderson, Young
Manager Kenny Dalglish could well select Andy Carroll up front to partner Luis Suarez if Gerrard isn't quite ready to start, as he did against Everton.
Sir Alex Ferguson will have to decide on who marshalls the centre of midfield for his side, with Darren Fletcher finally recovered from his various injury problems.
Meannwhile, the mental state of Wayne Rooney could play a factor in whether the striker plays, and while you should by no means bet against Sir Alex starting the club's talisman, don't be too surprised if the manager makes a shock selection choice.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester United have never lost four away games in a row against a single team in the Premier League, but have lost their last three at Anfield.
- There have been four penalties awarded in the past five Premier League games between Liverpool and Manchester United.
- Pepe Reina's (pictured right) last penalty save in the Premier League was from Wayne Rooney against Manchester United in March 2010.
- Manchester United have 1,476 goals in the Premier League, more than any other team.
- No goalkeeper has made more saves than David de Gea has in the Premier League this season. The Spaniard has made 32 stops.
- Nemanja Vidic has been sent off three times against Liverpool in the Premier League, the only player to have been dismissed this many times against a single opponent.
- Manchester United have scored eight goals from set-pieces this season, the most in the Premier League.
Download the Goal.com Mobile app, and the world of football will be at your fingertips and in your pocket!