The first quarter-final clash of the Copa America sees the Group A winners face their neighbours to the south, who have scored just two goals so far in the tournament
|Colombia: Martinez; Zuniga, Yepes, Perea, Armero; Sanchez, Guarin, Aguilar, Moreno, Ramos; Falcao.
Colombia will opt for the same starting XI that earned a 2-0 victory over Bolivia in their last outing, with star striker Radamel Falcao leading the attack.
|Peru: Libman, Acasiete, Vilchez, Carmona, Rodriguez; Vargas, Cruzado, Labonton, Balbin; Guerrero, Advincula.
Juan Manuel Vargas and Paolo Guerrero are the main changes from the squad that fell 1-0 to Chile. The stars are back after receiving a breather in the final game having already qualified for the quarter-finals.
- Colombia topped Group A with seven points, sending them to Cordoba for the quarter-final contest.
- They are the only team not to have conceded thus far in the Copa.
- Colombia defeated and tied with Saturday's opponent in two games during World Cup qualifying for last year's tournament.
- A win would take Colombia to the semi-finals, a stage they have not reached since 2004 when they lost to Argentina 3-0.
- Falcao is Colombia's top scorer with two goals after bagging a brace in the 2-0 win over Bolivia.
- The winner of the contest will play the winner of Argentina and Uruguay in the semi-final.
- Peru advanced to the quarter-finals as the top third-placed team with four points.
- The Peruvians have made the quarter-finals six consecutive times in the Copa America.
- Peru have not made it to the semi-finals since the 1997 tournament after they beat Argentina 2-1 in the quarter-finals before losing 7-0 to Brazil.
- Paolo Guerrero has both of Peru's goals in the tournament so far.
Our provides the best breaking news online and our football fan community is unmatched worldwide. Never miss a thing again!