Colombia take on a youthful Costa Rica side in Jujuy as both teams look to get off to a winning start in the Copa America
|Colombia: Martinez; Zuniga, Yepes, Perea, Armero; Bolivar, Guarin, Aguilar; Moreno, Ramos, Falcao.
Adrian Ramos looks set to join Dayro Moreno and Radamel Falcao upfront against the Central Americans. Hugo Rodallega will be on the bench to start the contest.
|Costa Rica: Moreira; Acosta, Calvo, Duarte, Salvatierra; Leal, Guzman, Madrigal, Mora; Brenes, Campbell.
A youthful side with very little experience, Ricardo La Volpe will look to Saprissa's Joel Campbell, who is 19 years old, to find the net against the Colombians.
- Colombia won their only Copa America title in 2001 when they hosted the tournament.
- Striker Radamel Falcao scored 39 goals in 42 games for Porto this season, winning the league title and the Europa League.
- Reserve striker Teofilo Gutierrez, who plays for Racing in Argentina, finished joint top scorer with 11 goals this past Clausura season.
- Colombia were originally scheduled to host the World Cup in 1986 before economic issues forced the tournament to be held in Mexico.
- 13 players on the squad play European football. As for Costa Rica, none play in Europe. Twenty feature in the Costa Rican league, one plays in Paraguay and another in collegiate football in the United States.
- Costa Rica are participating in their fourth Copa America, though this time they are using a young team after having participated in June's Gold Cup. Nine players have never played for the senior national team, and 10 more have less than 10 caps each.
- After failing to advance past the group stage in their first appearance in 1997, the Central Americans made it to the quarter-finals in their other two Copa America appearances.
- Costa Rica just completed the 2011 Gold Cup, held in the United States, where they fell to Honduras in the quarter-finals on penalties.
- Dennis Marshall, a member of the Costa Rica national team, was tragically killed in a car accident last week after returning home from the Gold Cup.
Follow Goal.com on . Get the latest football news direct... Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best football fan community in the world!