The Lisbon-based club are desperate to return to winning ways after failing to win their last three matches, a run which has seen them move down to second in the table
Maxi Pereira, Garay, Luisao, Emerson
Gaitan, Witsel, Bruno Cesar
Maicon, Otamendi, Rolando, A. Pereira
Hulk, Janko, Djalma
Benfica coach Jorge Jesus has some last-minute concerns going into the match, as Ezequiel Garay finished Argentina's 3-1 victory against Switzerland with physical complaints. Rodrigo has not yet fully recovery from an ankle problem sustained in the club's 3-2 defeat against Zenit in the Champions League and his involvement in the match is still in doubt.
On the other hand, Jesus has received a considerable boost as Javi Garcia returns to the team after missing the last three matches because of injury.
Porto will be without defenders Danilo and Eliaquim Mangala, who sustained injuries in the first leg of the club's Europa League tie against Manchester City. Silvestre Varela is also unavailable after picking up a physical problem in Sunday's 2-0 victory against Feirense.
Coach Vitor Pereira has indicated that James Rodriguez is not at 100 per cent after playing 80 minutes in Colombia's 2-0 victory against Mexico in Miami, so the 20-year-old is in doubt for the match.
||DID YOU KNOW|
Benfica are Porto have faced each other 221 times in official competitions: Benfica have won 82 times (37 per cent), Porto have won 85 times (38%), while 54 matches (25%) ended in stalemates.
- The two clubs are currently tied at the top of the Portuguese Liga table, with Porto currently occupying first place due to goal difference.
- Benfica's biggest victory in matches against Porto goes back to the 1942-43 season, a 12-2 win.
- Porto's best result against Benfica was an 8-0 victory in 1932-33.
The match at the Estadio do Dragao in the first round of fixtures ended in a 2-2 draw.
- Oscar Cardozo is Benfica's top scorer in the league with 14 goals, while James Rodriguez's is Porto's most prolific attacker with 10 strikes.
- Hulk has not scored a single goal to date in 2012, after seven competitive matches.