The Catalan giants will be desperate to bounce back against La Liga's bottom club at Camp Nou, after back-to-back defeats at the hands of arch-rivals Real Madrid
Barcelona forward Pedro is available for Saturday's Primera Division encounter against Deportivo La Coruna after overcoming a bout of flu.
However, playmaker Xavi is still sidelined with a hamstring problem, while Victor Valdes and Gerard Pique are suspended.
Assistant coach Jordi Roura is likely to rest many of his regular starters with Tuesday's crucial Champions League clash against AC Milan in mind.
Ze Castro, Kaka and Riki are all out injured for Deportivo, while Carlos Marchena is suspended.
Youngster Pablo Insua is expected to partner Aythami in the centre of defence.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Barcelona have lost three of their last four matches in all competitions.
- The Catalan giants have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 13 matches across all competitions.
- Lionel Messi (pictured, right) has scored in a record 16 consecutive Liga appearances.
- Deportivo La Coruna ended a six-match losing run with a goalless draw at home to Rayo Vallecano last weekend.
- Deportivo's last win over Barca at Camp Nou was a 2-0 success in October 2003.