Tito Vilanova's side have equalled the best ever start to a domestic campaign and could go one better with a win over their struggling Basque visitors
Montoya, Pique, Puyol, Alba
Xavi, Busquets, Fabregas
Pedro, Messi, Iniesta
De Marcos, Ekiza, Amorebieta, Aurtenetxe
Herrera, Iturraspe, Muniain
Susaeta, Aduriz, Gomez
Barcelona defender Dani Alves will miss Saturday's Primera Division encounter against Athletic Bilbao with a hamstring injury.
Alexis Sanchez, Marc Bartra and Isaac Cuenca all remain sidelined, while Adriano (illness) is a doubt.
Athletic Bilbao are set to be without right-back Andoni Iraola, who suffered a muscle injury during training.
Coach Marcelo Bielsa will make wholesale changes to the side that beat Ironi Kiryat Shmona in the rearranged Europa League match on Wednesday.
Midfielder Carlos Gurpegui is still out but striker Aritz Aduriz returns after a one-match ban.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Barcelona have won 10 of their last 11 matches in all competitions.
- The Catalans will make the best ever start in the Spanish league's 113-year history with a win over Athletic Bilbao, overhauling Real Madrid's record set in 1991-92.
- David Villa (pictured, right) scored his 300th career goal in the 3-1 Copa del Rey win over Alaves.
- Athletic Bilbao have won just four of their last 16 matches in all competitions (W4, D5, L7).
- Los Leones have lost five of their last seven meetings with Barcelona, including last season's Copa del Rey final.
- Athletic's last Liga win over Barca was a 3-1 home success in May 2006.