The curtain comes down on an enthralling Ligue 1 season on Sunday with Montpellier requiring just a point at relegated Auxerre to defy critics and win a first-ever league title
Dudka, Boly, Grichting, Hengbart
Chafni, Kapo, Traore
Bocaly, Yanga-Mbiwa, Hilton, Jeunechamp
Camara, Cabella, Utaka
Auxerre boss Jean-Guy Wallemme is not expected to ring the changes, despite the Burgundy club's confirmed relegation last weekend. Georges Mandjeck operated in defence in the 3-0 defeat to Marseille, but Willy Boly is expected to take his place back alongside Stephane Grichting.
With the side relegated to Ligue 2, a number of players could be playing their final game at the Stade de l'Abbe Deschamps.
Montpellier will be without suspended duo Younes Belhanda and Henri Bedimo for the final game of the season. Belhanda, who re-iterated his desire to remain at the Stade de la Mosson club to participate in the Champions League, serves the third game of his ban. Bedimo serves a mandatory one game suspension for his third yellow card in under 10 games despite featuring in the 1-0 win over Lille last weekend.
Rene Girard will be boosted by the return of Marco Estrada in midfield, whilst Remy Cabella continues to be deployed just behind Olivier Giroud. The star man of Montpellier's stellar season will be vying for the top goalscorer award - currently shared with Nene on 21 goals heading into the season-end.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Champions League participants last season, Auxerre have been relegated for the first time in 32 years.
- L'AJA have avoided defeat in four of their last five against Montpellier, only losing 3-1 to la Paillade on matchday one this season.
- Jean-Guy Wallemme's men have only won seven league games this season, their worst tally ever.
- Montpellier require just a point to win a first-ever Ligue 1 title on Sunday evening. Their last trophy was the 1990 Coupe de France.
- Rene Girard's men have won 1-0 on 11 occasions, more times than any other club in Europe's top five major leagues.
- La Paillade have scored in all but three league games this season, more than any other club in Ligue 1.