The Midlands outfit should be able to welcome back Darren Bent to the starting lineup whilst the visitors again have to contend with a host of absences at the back
Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Warnock
Albrighton, Petrov, Delph, N'Zogbia
Mertesacker, Miquel, Vermaelen, Koscielny
Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky
Walcott, Van Persie, Gervinho
Aston Villa were well beaten in their last game against Liverpool but should be able to welcome back Gabriel Agbonlahor and Darren Bent as they look to end a poor in spell in front of goal that has yielded just two goals in their last five Premier League games.
Injury-hit Arsenal are short of defenders with Johan Djourou, Kieran Gibbs, Carl Jenkinson, Bacary Sagna and Andre Santos all sidelined, so youngster Ignasi Miguel will be expected to play after featuring against Manchester City. Alex Song is unavailable as he is serving a suspension for picking up five bookings.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last meeting between the two sides ended in a 2-1 win for the away side at Emirates Stadium.
- Aston Villa have had 71 shots on target in the league this season, the fewest of all Premier League teams.
- Before Arsenal’s defeat to Manchester City in their last game, they had gone eight matches unbeaten, with seven of them being victories.
- Robin van Persie has scored 33 goals in his last 33 games in the Premier League in 2011.
- This fixture has never seen a red card since the Premier League began.
- In the last 10 meetings between the sides, Aston Villa have only won once, though that was at the Emirates.
- In the history of meetings between the sides, Abou Diaby (pictured right) is the top scoring current player with four goals – though he is some way behind Thierry Henry who has scored 10.
- In all meetings between the two sides in the Premier League there have been 92 goals – with Arsenal scoring 61 of them.
- Aston Villa have scored just twice in their last five games whilst Arsenal have only conceded three in their last five.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.