The Red and Gold outfit will be eying to at least to score a goal against a team who is fighting for a place in the final 16...
Al Aedaroos, Zaidan, Abod, Al-dali
Al Weshah, Al Muntaser, Al Gabr, Al Edresi
Nirmal, Gurwinder, Okpara, Harmanjot;
Mehtab, Edmilson, Penn, Sanju;
Mohammed Saleh Al Nifeai's side are stepping into this match with a 0-2 defeat to Ahli Taaz in the local league last week, while a win against the Indian club will equate if not acertain their chances of making it through.
East Bengal, on the other side, are at the bottom of the table and can only play to break their all defeat record in this season's Asian competition after suffering four consecutive defeats in Group B.
Trevor Morgan will hence be banking on Tolgay Ozbey to restore some pride for his side, as the Australian striker will be available for the match after he was advised not to travel to Iraq by the Australian embassy.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This is Al Orouba maiden campaign in the AFC Cup this season.
- Al Orouba's 1-0 win against East Bengal in their away tie was hence the first win in the AFC Cup.
- Al Sharjah was established in 1966 under the name of Al Orouba Club until the year 1974.
- East Bengal have not only lost all their matches of this year's AFC Cup, but are the only team not to have scored a single goal.
- East Bengal's Tolgay Ozbey (pictured) is among the three foreigners to be nominated for this season's FPAI Fans' Player of the year.
- Sanju Pradhan has recently been named the captain of East Bengal for the next season and is also a FPAI Fans' Player of the year nominee.