Inter-Parma Preview: Can the Nerazzurri reverse downward spiral?
Andrea Stramaccioni's side are in dire need of a reversal in fortunes and desperately need a win to keep alive their lingering hopes of securing European football next season
By Alec Fenn
Ranocchia, Silvestre, Juan Jesus
Zanetti, Kuz'ic, Kovacic, Benassi, Pereira
Benalouane, Coda, Lucarelli
Rosi, Marchionni, Valdes, Parolo, Gobbi
A 3-2 defeat to Roma in the Coppa Italia on Wednesday saw Inter exit the competition at the semi-final stage and condemned the Nerazzurri to their third straight defeat in all competitions.
The result heightens the pressure on coach Andrea Stramaccioni going into Sunday's Serie A clash with Parma, as he look to reverse a disastrous run of form that has left the club in seventh spot in the table.
Inter's cause has not been helped by an injury list surely unrivalled in any of Europe's major leagues, with 13 first-team players absent, including high profile absentees Antonio Cassano, Diego Milito, Walter Gargano, Fredy Guarin and Esteban Cambiasso.
Visitors Parma have injury concerns of their own, as McDonald Mariga, Raffaele Palladino and Emilio MacEachen miss out. The Gialloblu were soundly beaten 3-0 by Udinese last Saturday, but will be buoyed by the opportunity to heap more misery on their troubled hosts.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Inter were beaten 1-0 by Parma in the first clash between these two sides back in November.
- The Nerazzurri have won just four Serie A games in 2013, a run of form that has seen them slip into seventh spot in the table.
- Andrea Stramaccioni's men have won seven, drawn four and lost five of their 16 home games in Serie A this season.
- Inter have scored their biggest percentage of goals - 24% - in the final15 minutes of games.
- Parma have kept just a single clean sheet away from home this term.
- The Gialloblu have struggled for goals on their travels as well. They have found the back of the net just 13 times in 16 games away from home.
Top 3 Predictions
Inter 2-0 Parma
- 19.89 %
Inter 2-1 Parma
- 14.35 %
Inter 1-2 Parma
- 9.67 %
|Serie A (SR-A)||09-Dec-2013||Inter 3 - Parma 3|
|Serie A (SR-A)||21-Apr-2013||Inter 1 - Parma 0|
|Serie A (SR-A)||27-Nov-2012||Parma 1 - Inter 0|
|Serie A (SR-A)||03-May-2012||Parma 3 - Inter 1|
|Serie A (SR-A)||08-Jan-2012||Inter 5 - Parma 0|
|09-Mar-2014||Inter 1 - Torino 0||SR-A|
|02-Mar-2014||AS Roma 0 - Inter 0||SR-A|
|23-Feb-2014||Inter 1 - Cagliari 1||SR-A|
|16-Feb-2014||Fiorentina 1 - Inter 2||SR-A|
|10-Feb-2014||Inter 1 - Sassuolo 0||SR-A|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed