- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Cagliari-AC Milan Preview: Red-hot Rossoneri continue surge for third
The Rossoblu may have won their appeal to play at Stadio Is Arenas after Lega Serie A had deemed it unsafe, but the task will not be made any easier against formidable opponents
By Craig Turnbull
Pisano, Rossettini, Astori, Murru
Dessena, Conti, Ekdal
Abate, Zapata, Yepes, Constant
Nocerino, Flamini, Boateng
Niang, Balotelli, El Shaarawy
Cagliari received a timely boost with the news they will be able to play at their home ground just 24 hours after it had been declared a risk to health and safety. That said, the Rossoblu have not beating the Rossoneri in nearly 15 years, so the challenge on Sunday is no less difficult.
The visitors will be looking to continue their push for third place, while Ivo Pulga's men, buoyed by their shock 4-2 win over Roma last weekend, are four points above the relegation zone and are hoping to further distance themselves from the drop.
Massimiliano Allegri will be without centre-back Daniele Bonera, who has heavy bruising on his thigh. The game may have also came too quick for Massimo Ambrosini, who remains sidelined with a thigh injury. Long-term absentee Nigel de Jong is out for the rest of the season. Riccardo Montolivo is suspended.
Cagliari, meanwhile, have full-back Danilo Avelar and midfielder Radja Nainggolan suspended. Striker Nene is doubtful.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Cagliari go into this clash four games unbeaten, previous to that, however, they had lost four straight Serie A matches.
- You have to go as far back as October 1998 for Cagliari to have beaten Milan. But they recorded back-to-back victories winning against them in June 1997, too.
- The Rossoblu have lost 11 of their last 12 encounters with the Rossoneri.
AC Milan are on a 20-game unbeaten run against the Rossoblu, including winning their last eight consecutive encounters.
- Milan were sitting in 12th place in Week 13 in Serie A. Since then, they have picked up 25 points from a possible 30 to go joint-fourth and are the form team in Italy.
- AC Milan's Kevin-Prince Boateng (pictured, right) has had 63 efforts on goal in Serie A this season, but has found the net once.
Top 3 Predictions
Cagliari 0-2 Milan
- 22.22 %
Cagliari 0-3 Milan
- 18.73 %
Cagliari 1-3 Milan
- 17.34 %
|Serie A (ITA1)||10-Feb-2013||Cagliari 1 - Milan 1|
|Serie A (ITA1)||27-Sep-2012||Milan 2 - Cagliari 0|
|Serie A (ITA1)||30-Jan-2012||Milan 3 - Cagliari 0|
|Serie A (ITA1)||21-Dec-2011||Cagliari 0 - Milan 2|
|Serie A (ITA1)||15-May-2011||Milan 4 - Cagliari 1|
|20-May-2013||Cagliari 1 - Lazio 0||ITA1|
|11-May-2013||Juventus 1 - Cagliari 1||ITA1|
|09-May-2013||Cagliari 0 - Parma 1||ITA1|
|04-May-2013||Chievo 0 - Cagliari 0||ITA1|
|27-Apr-2013||Cagliari 0 - Udinese 1||ITA1|
|34||Dario Del Fabro||Defender|
|2||Mattia De Sciglio||Defender|
|4||Sulley Ali Muntari||Midfielder|
|92||Stephan El Shaarawy||Midfielder|
|76||Mario Alberto Yepes||Defender|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed