Dusseldorf-Borussia Dortmund Preview: BVB on a high after European exploits
Jurgen Klopp will hope his side can end a wonderful week on a positive note following their Champions League heroics on Wednesday night
By Alec Fenn
Following the news of Mario Gotze's decision to join Bayern Munich in the summer, you may have expected Borussia Dortmund to crumble in the first-leg of their Champions League semi-final against Real Madrid.
Instead BVB put that emotional bombshell to one side and proceeded to thrash the reigning Liga champions 4-1 - leaving them on the brink of the final and heading into this game on cloud nine.
Jurgen Klopp will be keen to rest several of his star men given their exerts on Wednesday evening and that could see a whole host of changes for the trip to Dusseldorf.
The home side will be without several key players through injury. Mathis Bolly, Robbie Kruse, Ronny Garbuschewski, Jens Langeneke, Cristian Ramirez and Genki Omae all sit Saturday's game out as they continue their respective recoveries.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Borussia Dortmund have won each of their last five games in all competitions.
- Jurgen Klopp's side are not shy in front of goal either, those matches have witnessed a staggering 19 goals from the men in yellow and black.
- Dortmund go into the game in second place and 20 points adrift of Bayern Munich, but do hold an eight-point advantage over third-placed Bayer Leverkusen.
- Dusseldorf remain firmly in the fight for survival, heading into the game in 15th spot and only three points ahead of Augsburg, who occupy the final relegation slot.
- A run of three defeats and two draws from their last five games means the home side will be low on confidence going into this one.
Top 3 Predictions
Fortuna Düsseldorf 0-8 Borussia Dortmund
- 12.14 %
Fortuna Düsseldorf 1-3 Borussia Dortmund
- 10.69 %
Fortuna Düsseldorf 0-3 Borussia Dortmund
- 10.69 %
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||27-Apr-2013||Fortuna Düsseldorf 1 - Borussia Dortmund 2|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||28-Nov-2012||Borussia Dortmund 1 - Fortuna Düsseldorf 1|
|Germany - DFB-Pokal (GERC)||21-Dec-2011||Fortuna Düsseldorf 0 - Borussia Dortmund 0|
|29-Nov-2013||Fortuna Düsseldorf 0 - Karlsruher SC 2||2.BL|
|24-Nov-2013||Erzgebirge Aue 3 - Fortuna Düsseldorf 0||2.BL|
|10-Nov-2013||Fortuna Düsseldorf 1 - SV Sandhausen 0||2.BL|
|01-Nov-2013||VfR Aalen 1 - Fortuna Düsseldorf 0||2.BL|
|26-Oct-2013||Fortuna Düsseldorf 1 - SC Paderborn 07 6||2.BL|
|23||Johannes van den Bergh||Defender|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed