Bayern Munich-Nurnberg Preview: Champions face derby homecoming
The league winners take on their fellow Bavarians in their first game since they sealed their Bundesliga title in Frankfurt last week
By Enis Koylu
Rafinha, Boateng, Dante, Alaba
Javi Martinez, Tymoshchuk
Robben, Muller, Shaqiri
Balitsch, Nilsson, Klose, Pinola
Chandler, Kiyotake, Feulner, Esswein
Bayern Munich are set to rest a host of players with Tuesday's DFB-Pokal clash with Wolfsburg on the horizon. Tom Starke may replace Manuel Neuer in goal, but at the back, Jerome Boateng is certain to replace Daniel Van Buyten, who limped off against Juventus in midweek.
Rafinha could also start ahead of Philipp Lahm at right-back, while Diego Contento could replace David Alaba on the opposite side of defence. Bastian Schweinsteiger is likely to to be rested, and with Luiz Gustavo suspended, Anatoliy Tymoshchuk is in line for a rare start in midfield.
Franck Ribery should get a break on the left flank, while Mario Gomez will start ahead of Mario Mandzukic. Toni Kroos (thigh) and Holger Badstuber (knee) are both out.
Meanwhile, Nurnberg will be without Adam Hlousek and Marcos Antonio, who are both struggling for fitness and Timo Gebhart, who has a thigh issue.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bayern Munich have scored 24 goals in their five home games since the resumption of action after the winter break.
- The Roten are also in search of their 100th Bundesliga win at the Allianz Arena. Their current record stands at 99 victories in 133 matches.
- Bayern ended up reaching their third Champions League semi-final in four years after knocking out Juventus in midweek.
- Nurnberg have lost to Bayern more times than to any other opponent in the Bundesliga.
- Markus Feulner (pictured, right) started his career at Bayern. He represented Koln, Mainz and Dortmund before moving back to Bavaria in 2011.
No Bundesliga defender has scored more times than Per Nilsson this season. The Swede has found the net five times.
Top 3 Predictions
Bayern 3-0 FC Nürnberg
- 16.18 %
Bayern 2-0 FC Nürnberg
- 10.77 %
Bayern 4-0 FC Nürnberg
- 10.51 %
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||24-Aug-2013||Bayern 2 - FC Nürnberg 0|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||13-Apr-2013||Bayern 4 - FC Nürnberg 0|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||17-Nov-2012||FC Nürnberg 1 - Bayern 1|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||31-Mar-2012||FC Nürnberg 0 - Bayern 1|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||29-Oct-2011||Bayern 4 - FC Nürnberg 0|
|11-Dec-2013||Bayern 2 - Manchester City 3||UCL|
|07-Dec-2013||Werder Bremen 0 - Bayern 7||BUN|
|05-Dec-2013||FC Augsburg 0 - Bayern 2||GERC|
|30-Nov-2013||Bayern 2 - Eintracht Braunschweig 0||BUN|
|27-Nov-2013||CSKA Moscow 1 - Bayern 3||UCL|
|5||Daniel Van Buyten||Defender|
|34||Pierre Emil Højbjerg||Midfielder|
|25||Horacio Javier Pinola||Defender|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed