thumbnail Hello,


  • 10 November 2012
  • • 20:00
  • • ESPRIT arena, Düsseldorf
  • Referee: R. Hartmann
  • • Attendance: 41200

Bundesliga Round 11 Results: Schalke come from behind to stun Werder Bremen

Bundesliga Round 11 Results: Schalke come from behind to stun Werder Bremen


Hannover and Borussia Monchengladbach produced superb comebacks as Wolfsburg claimed a vital 3-1 win over Bayer Leverkusen at the Volkswagen Arena

Mainz's good run of form continued after they claimed a 2-1 win over Nurnberg at the Coface Arena on Friday.

The hosts were off and running after just 12 minutes. Nicolai Muller picked up the ball on the flank, darted inside and fired a ferocious effort past Patrick Rakovsky in the Nurnberg goal.

Soon after, it was two. Andreas Ivanschitz latched on to a through ball, rounded Rakovsky and tapped the ball into the empty net to send his side into a commanding lead. Per Nilsson pulled one back for the Bavarians just before the break with a ferocious header, but neither side was able to add to their tally in the second-half.
Schalke had to come from behind to claim a 2-1 victory over Werder Bremen on Saturday at the Veltins Arena.

The hosts have been in decent form of late, but fell behind on the 16 minutes when Zlatko Junuzovic laid the ball into Aaron Hunt's path, and the former Germany international drilled the ball past Lars Unnerstall to break the deadlock.

The lead stood until the break, but shortly after the restart, Schalke would turn the game on its head. First, Roman Neustadter levelled the scoring by heading Christian Fuchs' free kick into the bottom corner of the net, before Julian Draxler, on as a half-time substitute, secured all three points with a firm left-footed effort.

Schalke remain seven points behind runaway leaders Bayern Munich. Bremen, meanwhile, are comfortable in mid-table.
Hamburg were held to a 0-0 draw by Freiburg at the Mage Solar Stadion on Saturday.

The first chance to break the deadlock fell to the visitors. A long punt upfield made its way to Son Heung-Min, whose effort was parried by Oliver Baumann. The loose ball fell to Maximilian Beister, who could only lift the ball into the side-netting.

Hamburg's chances of victory were dealt a blow when Paul Scharner saw red for a crude foul on Jan Rosenthal, and Freiburg soon began to craft chances.

A Julian Schuster cross fell to Daniel Caligiuri, who stepped inside his marker and bent a shot narrowly wide of Rene Adler's goal. Rosenthal struck a post late on, but in the end, neither side was able to grab a win.
Fortuna Dusseldorf were able to halt their descent to the foot of the table by holding Hoffenheim to a 1-1 draw at home.

The Ruhr outfit got off to a fine start, with Robbie Kruse heading the ball into an empty net, after a Ronny Garbuschewski cross had completely fooled Tim Wiese in the Hoffenheim goa,l after just four minutes.

Shortly before the break, however, the visitors equalised. Andreas Beck swung in a ball from the right wing, and Joselu beat his marker to squeeze a header just inside the near post, though Fabian Giefer could have done better.

Hoffenheim were reduced to 10 men just after the restart, with Marvin Compper picking up two bookings in the space of four minutes, and neither side was able to push on and grab all three points.
Wolfsburg claimed a vital 3-1 victory over Bayer Leverkusen at the Volkswagen Arena, in the first of Sunday's Bundesliga fixtures.

The hosts got off to a fine start, with Diego bending a free kick over the wall and into the corner of the net to give his side the lead, and the Brazilian notched his second soon after by seizing the loose ball in the area and slotting past Bernd Leno.

Diego was also at the heart of the third goal, playing a superb ball into the path of Ivica Olic, who squared the ball across the face of goal to Bas Dost, and the striker was left with a tap-in.

Leverkusen pulled one back at the death through Stefan Kiessling, who slotted home from a narrow angle, but by that point it was too little too late.
Hannover recovered from a two-goal half-time deficit to beat Stuttgart 4-2 at the Mercedes Benz Arena on Sunday.

The hosts had been unbeaten in their previous five games, and appeared to be on their way to another victory when goals from Christian Gentner and Vedad Ibisevic gave them a commanding advantage at the break.

However, the visitors came roaring back in the second-half, and pulled one back through Artur Sobiech 12 minutes after the interval. Soon after they were level, with Jan Schlaudraff slotting home from the spot, and before Stuttgart had a chance to gather themselves, they were behind thanks to a Moa Abdellaoue effort.

Abdellaoue doubled his tally soon after with another penalty, and Hannover had completed the comeback.
Borussia Monchengladbach produced a superb comeback to beat nine-man Greuther Furth 4-2 in Bavaria on Sunday.

The hosts got off to a fantastic start, with Bernd Nehrig giving his side the lead after just 10 minutes, but they were soon reduced to 10 men when Thomas Kleine received a straight red card.

The visitors soon made their numerical advantage count, with Oscar Wendt finding the target from a Patrick Hermann cross. However, just before the interval, Furth retook the lead through Edgar Prib.

After the break, Gladbach came roaring back into the contest. Martin Stranzl grabbed an equaliser within minutes of the restart, before Herrmann got his name on the scoresheet to put the visitors ahead for the first time in the match.

And, at the death, the win was complete. Milorad Pekovic conceded a late penalty, received his second yellow card, and Thorben Marx made it 4-2.