Sochaux-Paris Saint-Germain Preview: All eyes on Montbeliard as Beckham set to make French debut
Les Parisiens have hit top form lately while title rivals Olympique Lyonnais and Marseille have fallen back, and they face Eric Hely's men who are in danger of the drop on Sunday
By Mohammed Ali
Corchia, Poujol, Kante, Roussillon
Van der Wiel, Alex, Sakho, Maxwell
Menez, Matuidi, Chantome, Pastore
Sochaux coach Eric Hely can count upon a near-full strength side as the club welcome Paris Saint-Germain to the Stade Auguste Bonal in the headline game on Sunday.
Sebastien Roudet is likely to be preferred to Ismail Yartey on the left side of midfield, whilst new signing Rafael Dias tussles with Cedric Bakambu and Edouard Butin for the right to partner top scorer Sloan Privat up front.
Thierry Doubai and Sanjin Prcic remain sidelined for the hosts, who have lost seven of their last eight against the capital club.
Meanwhile, David Beckham-mania awaits the small town of Montbeliard near the Swiss border with the former England captain in line to make his debut for the Ligue 1 leaders, having watched them beat Valencia 2-1 in the Champions League on Tuesday.
Though not expected to start having only commenced first-team training on Wednesday, the 37-year-old is set to feature at some point, with Lucas Moura most likely to make way for Jeremy Menez in the starting 11, as Ancelotti seeks to rotate his side ahead of a tough remainder of fixtures this month.
Thiago Motta and Thiago Silva remain sidelined, with Zlatan Ibrahimovic - sent off at Mestalla - expected to keep his place, Clement Chantome is also in the frame for a starting recall.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sochaux sit in 18th place in Ligue 1, behind Evian on goals scored, having amassed 23 points so far this season.
- Les Lionceaux have only kept one clean sheet at home this season in the league.
- Hely's side's last win in this fixture came in August 2010, when they beat the capital side 3-1.
- Paris Saint-Germain sit top of Ligue 1, six points clear of Olympique Lyonnais.
- The Parisiens have conceded just one goal in the league since early December, with Wahib Khazri of Bastia ending Salvatore Sirigu's club record in last week's game.
- PSG have won each of their last four away games, without conceding a goal.
- Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic score, it will be his 10th consecutive away game that he has found the net, as well as surpassing last year's top scorer haul set by Olivier Giroud and Nene (21).
Top 3 Predictions
FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 0-3 Paris Saint-Germain
- 19.56 %
FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 0-2 Paris Saint-Germain
- 15.14 %
FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 1-3 Paris Saint-Germain
- 11.99 %
|Ligue 1 (Lig1)||07-Dec-2013||Paris Saint-Germain 5 - FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 0|
|Ligue 1 (Lig1)||18-Feb-2013||FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 3 - Paris Saint-Germain 2|
|Ligue 1 (Lig1)||29-Sep-2012||Paris Saint-Germain 2 - FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 0|
|Ligue 1 (Lig1)||22-Apr-2012||Paris Saint-Germain 6 - FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 1|
|Ligue 1 (Lig1)||10-Dec-2011||FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 0 - Paris Saint-Germain 1|
|12-Apr-2014||FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 2 - Toulouse FC 0||Lig1|
|05-Apr-2014||SC Bastia 2 - FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 2||Lig1|
|29-Mar-2014||FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 1 - Olympique de Marseille 1||Lig1|
|23-Mar-2014||AS Saint-Etienne 3 - FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 1||Lig1|
|16-Mar-2014||FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 2 - FC Lorient 0||Lig1|
|31||Joseph Romeric Lopy||Midfielder|
|44||Giovanni-Guy Yann Sio||Striker|
|23||Gregory van der Wiel||Defender|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed