Reading-Manchester City Preview: Visitors looking to bounce back from FA Cup disappointment
City will hope to return to winning ways after their shock defeat to Wigan at Wembley on Saturday as they travel to the Madejski Stadium to face the already relegated Royals
By Rhys Turrell
Gunter, Mariappa, Morrison, Kelly
McCleary, McAnuff, Robson-Kanu
Richards, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy
Barry, Yaya Toure
Silva, Tevez, Nasri
Manchester City will be without right-back Pablo Zabaleta after the Argentina defender was sent-off in Saturday's shock FA Cup final defeat to Wigan.
Scott Sinclair (shoulder) is unlikely to be included after spending last week in hospital receiving treatment for a blood clot.
Nigel Adkins may be able to call on the services of goalkeeper Adam Federici (ankle) and young midfielder Hope Akpan (ankle) after the pair resumed training after recent lay-offs.
Veteran striker Jason Roberts (hip) is out for the season and winger Jimmy Kebe (groin) is still some way off a return to action.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City have won just eight games on the road this year - the lowest amount out of all the sides in the top five.
- They have also scored the fewest amout of goals (23) away from the Etihad Stadium out of all the sides in the Premier League's leading quintet.
- City's points tally of 75 from 36 games is 14 shy of the 89 they claimed when winning the Premier League last season.
- Reading need just one point for their last two games to ensure they do not finish bottom the Premier League.
- Nigel Adkins (right) has seen his team concede the joint-highest amount of goals in the top flight this season (67). Wigan, Newcastle and Aston Villa are the other sides.
- Thy Royals points tally of 28 points from 36 games is eight points shy of the 36 they earned when being relegated from the top flight on goal difference in 2007/08.
Top 3 Predictions
Reading 0-3 Manchester City
- 12.81 %
Reading 1-0 Manchester City
- 10.65 %
Reading 0-2 Manchester City
- 10.08 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||15-May-2013||Reading 0 - Manchester City 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||22-Dec-2012||Manchester City 1 - Reading 0|
|FA Cup (FA)||13-Mar-2011||Manchester City 1 - Reading 0|
|18-Apr-2014||Wigan Athletic 3 - Reading 0||ENG2|
|15-Apr-2014||Reading 1 - Leicester 1||ENG2|
|09-Apr-2014||Bournemouth 3 - Reading 1||ENG2|
|05-Apr-2014||Charlton Athletic 0 - Reading 1||ENG2|
|29-Mar-2014||Reading 1 - Huddersfield Town 1||ENG2|
|9||Adam Le Fondre||Striker|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed