Stoke - Manchester United Preview: League leaders look to regain winning form against deteriorating Potters
The Red Devils lost to their city rivals last time out and travel to face Tony Pulis' relegation-threatened side aiming for the victory will push them closer to another title
By Chris Teale
Cameron, Huth, Shawcross, Wilkinson
Shotton, Nzonzi, Whitehead, Etherington
Rafael, Ferdinand, Jones, Evra
Young, Rooney, Welbeck
Stoke defender Marc Wilson (hamstring) is rated as doubtful for this game and may be replaced by Andy Wilkinson. Glenn Whelan (back) has also been struggling with injury, although he may be fit enough for the bench.
Otherwise, Potters manager Tony Pulis has no new injury problems ahead of this game as he looks to register just Stoke's second win since the turn of the year.
Meanwhile, Manchester United may welcome Jonny Evans back into their squad after a hamstring problem.
Defenders Chris Smalling and Nemanja Vidic (both knock) are also nearing returns, as is Paul Scholes (knee).
Ashley Young (ankle) was substituted during the 1-0 loss to Manchester City, but should be fit and available for the trip to the Britannia Stadium.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Stoke have been without a win in six games since beating Reading 2-1 in early February - their own victory in 2013.
- The Potters defence is ranked sixth in goals allowed, conceding just 39 all season.
- Stoke captain Ryan Shawcross began his career at Old Trafford but did not make an appearance in the Premier League.
- In their previous meeting this season, Manchester United came out 4-2 winners thanks to a double from Wayne Rooney (pictured) and one each for Robin Van Persie and Danny Welbeck.
- The Red Devils have benefited from five own goals in the Premier League, more than any other team.
- Before their loss to their local rivals on Monday night, United had won five of the six Premier League home games in which they had trailed this season.
- The Red Devils have yet to concede from a penalty in the league this season.
Top 3 Predictions
Stoke 0-3 Manchester United
- 20.41 %
Stoke 0-2 Manchester United
- 16.93 %
Stoke 1-3 Manchester United
- 13.9 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||01-Feb-2014||Stoke 2 - Manchester United 1|
|Capital One Cup (CCUP)||19-Dec-2013||Stoke 0 - Manchester United 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||26-Oct-2013||Manchester United 3 - Stoke 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||14-Apr-2013||Stoke 0 - Manchester United 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||20-Oct-2012||Manchester United 4 - Stoke 2|
|12-Apr-2014||Stoke 1 - Newcastle 0||EPL|
|05-Apr-2014||Chelsea FC 3 - Stoke 0||EPL|
|29-Mar-2014||Stoke 1 - Hull 0||EPL|
|23-Mar-2014||Aston Villa 1 - Stoke 4||EPL|
|15-Mar-2014||Stoke 3 - West Ham 1||EPL|
|1||David de Gea||Goalkeeper|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed