Manchester City - West Brom Preview: Hosts have scored at least two times in last six home games
Roberto Mancini's side will be aiming for a win as they look to secure second spot against a Baggies side who have tasted victory just once in their last six outings
By Ben Cullimore
Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy
Silva, Tevez, Nasri
Jones, Olsson, McAuley, Ridgewell
Rosenberg, Dorrans, Long
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is unlikely to make any drastic changes to his side despite drawing 0-0 with Swansea City last time out, with an FA Cup final date against Wigan on Saturday.
The Italian is able to choose from an almost fully fit squad but talisman Yaya Toure (muscle fatigue) was withdrawn against the Swans and Scott Sinclair (shoulder) is still recovering after missing the trip to his former team.
Meanwhile, Chris Brunt (knee) and Goran Popov (calf), who both missed West Brom's 3-2 defeat to Wigan on Saturday, remain doubts for the clash at the Etihad Stadium.
But they are the only fresh injury concerns for Steve Clarke and join long-term absentees George Thorne (knee), Gonzalo Jara (knee ligament) and Zoltan Gera (knee).
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City boast the best defensive record in the Premier League, conceding just 31 goals from 35 games so far.
- City have failed to score in only six games this season but did so against Swansea last time out.
- Plus, City have notched at least two goals in nine out of their last 10 matches at the Etihad Stadium.
- West Brom goalkeeper Ben Foster has only managed to keep seven clean sheets this term.
- The Baggies have only won one of their last six games - a comfortable 3-0 victory away to Southampton - conceding nine goals in the process. Over the same period, City have won four and conceded five.
- West Brom's top goalscorer, Romelu Lukaku, has scored 14 league goals this season, two more than City's most prolfiic striker, Edin Dzeko.
- Their previous meeting this season ended in a 2-1 victory for City, with Dzeko scoring a double, including a last-minute winner. The Bosnian is 11/2 with BetVictor to score two or more against West Brom.
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester City 2-0 West Bromwich
- 14.6 %
Manchester City 3-0 West Bromwich
- 14.53 %
Manchester City 1-1 West Bromwich
- 11.44 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||08-May-2013||Manchester City 1 - West Bromwich 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||20-Oct-2012||West Bromwich 1 - Manchester City 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||12-Apr-2012||Manchester City 4 - West Bromwich 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||26-Dec-2011||West Bromwich 0 - Manchester City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||05-Feb-2011||Manchester City 3 - West Bromwich 0|
|26-May-2013||Manchester City 5 - Chelsea FC 3||FR|
|24-May-2013||Chelsea FC 3 - Manchester City 4||FR|
|19-May-2013||Manchester City 2 - Norwich City 3||EPL|
|15-May-2013||Reading 0 - Manchester City 2||EPL|
|11-May-2013||Manchester City 0 - Wigan Athletic 1||FA|
|30||Sebastien Gabriel Tamaş||Defender|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed