Tottenham-Fulham Preview: Spurs aim to bounce back from first defeat in 13 games
The hosts have been in superb form in the league since the turn of the year, but will be keen to keep their chase for Champions League qualification on track with all three points
By James McManus
Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto
Lennon, Parker, Dembele, Bale
Riether, Hangeland, Senderos, Riise
Dejagah, Sidwell, Karagounis, Duff
Emmanuel Adebayor (ankle) and Aaron Lennon (hamstring) missed the loss to Liverpool last time out but both featured in the 4-1 loss to Inter in the Europa League last 16 on Thursday so are expected to make Saturday's matchday squad.
Tom Huddlestone (knee) made the bench at Anfield and San Siro, but did not make the pitch as he continues his return to first-team action, while Sandro (knee) remains a long-term casualty.
Meanwhile, Fulham manager Martin Jol has a near-fully fit squad to choose from for the trip to White Hart Lane, with only Mahamdou Diarra (knee) definitely missing out while Eyong Enoh and Kerim Frei are slowly returning to match fitness.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Tottenham's defeat away at Liverpool was their first in 13 games in the Premier League.
- Andre Villas-Boas' side have scored just 22 times in front of their own fans in the league all season.
- But have only failed to find the back of the net on three separate occasions this term, with only league leaders Manchester United boasting a better record with two.
- The reverse fixture between the two clubs at Craven Cottage back in December ended 3-0 to Tottenham, with Jermain Defoe (pictured right) grabbing a double and Sandro completing the rout.
- The game will see Dimitar Berbatov, Mousa Dembele and possibly Clint Dempsey feature against their former clubs, while Martin Jol managed Tottenham for three years between 2004-07.
- Fulham have picked up just 12 of their 33 points on their travels this season.
- Only four teams in the have conceded more goals on the road than Fulham's tally of 27.
- Fulham have won none of their last eight Premier League matches against Tottenham, losing the last six in a row. Spurs are 10/1 with bet365 to win 3-1 on Sunday.
Top 3 Predictions
Tottenham 2-0 Fulham
- 16.41 %
Tottenham 3-1 Fulham
- 14.52 %
Tottenham 3-0 Fulham
- 12.45 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||05-Dec-2013||Fulham 1 - Tottenham 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||17-Mar-2013||Tottenham 0 - Fulham 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||01-Dec-2012||Fulham 0 - Tottenham 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||13-May-2012||Tottenham 2 - Fulham 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||06-Nov-2011||Fulham 1 - Tottenham 3|
|07-Dec-2013||Sunderland 1 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|05-Dec-2013||Fulham 1 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|01-Dec-2013||Tottenham 2 - Manchester United 2||EPL|
|28-Nov-2013||Tromsø 0 - Tottenham 2||EL|
|24-Nov-2013||Manchester City 6 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|-||Moussa Sidi Yaya Dembélé||Midfielder|
|3||John Arne Riise||Defender|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed