QPR - Liverpool Preview: Harry Redknapp looks for second league win as visitors aim for Europe
The Reds travel to Loftus Road aiming to add some much-needed consistency to recent results, while the hosts are in desperate need of points to take them off bottom spot
By Alex Hess
Fabio, Ferdinand, Hill, Traore
Wright-Phillips, Faurlin, Mbia, Taarabt
Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique
Lucas, Gerrard, Allen
Downing, Suarez, Sterling
Harry Redknapp remains without long-term absentees Andy Johnson (knee) and Bobby Zamora (thigh) for the visit of the Merseysiders.
Jose Bosingwa (back), Julio Cesar (back) and club captain Park Ji-Sung (knee) are also doubts for Sunday's clash.
Liverpool, meanwhile, have no new injury worries. Luis Saurez is expected to recover from a slight knock sustained against Stoke, leaving Fabio Borini (foot) and Martin Kelly (knee) as Brendan Rodgers' only unavailable players.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Rock-bottom QPR boast three Champions League winners in their squad: Park Ji-Sung, Jose Bosingwa and Julio Cesar.
- At this point in the Premier League's inaugural season in 1992-93, the Loftus Road side were seventh in the league with 32 points.
- QPR currently have the fewest points at this stage of the season since Derby County in 2007.
- Similarly, Liverpool's current points total of 25 is the lowest the club have ever had after 19 games since the three points for a win rule was introduced.
- Luis Suarez (pictured, right) has scored 39% of his club's league goals this campaign.
- This term, Steven Gerrard has already played 141 per cent of the league minutes he managed throughout the entirety of last season.
- The two sides last met in March this year in the memorable 3-2 win for QPR at Loftus Road, with the hosts coming from 2-0 down with only 13 minutes left on the clock.
- Last season saw the two sides' first meeting since 1996.
Top 3 Predictions
QPR 1-3 Liverpool
- 13.16 %
QPR 1-2 Liverpool
- 10.84 %
QPR 0-3 Liverpool
- 10.33 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||19-May-2013||Liverpool 1 - QPR 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||30-Dec-2012||QPR 0 - Liverpool 3|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||22-Mar-2012||QPR 3 - Liverpool 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||10-Dec-2011||Liverpool 1 - QPR 0|
|08-Mar-2014||Birmingham 0 - QPR 2||ENG2|
|01-Mar-2014||QPR 1 - Leeds 1||ENG2|
|22-Feb-2014||Charlton Athletic 1 - QPR 0||ENG2|
|16-Feb-2014||QPR 1 - Reading 3||ENG2|
|11-Feb-2014||Derby 1 - QPR 0||ENG2|
|35||Fabio Da Silva||Defender|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed