- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
West Brom - Manchester City Preview: Baggies look to extend best home start to a top-flight season in 92 years
After registering victories in their first four home games in the top division since 1919, Steve Clarke's side face their toughest test to date against the Premier League champions
By Alex Young
Olsson, Popov, McAuley, Tamas
Morrison, Mulumbu, Yacob, Gera
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov
Milner, Yaya Toure, Garcia, Nasri
Steve Clarke faces a tense wait ahead of the visit of the Premier League champions, with six players all in doubt of featuring.
Chris Brunt (hamstring), Steven Reid (hamstring), Jerome Thomas (hip), Billy Jones (knock), Romelu Lukau (ankle) and Liam Ridgewell (calf) are all in a race to be fit for Saturday’s clash, but the latter two are expected to feature.
For Manchester City, Javi Garcia (thigh) is still struggling after being withdrawn against Borussia Dortmund at the beginning of the month, but looks likely to take part, with David Silva (hamstring) looking less positive after being stretchered off against France while playing for Spain.
Elsewhere, Maicon (foot) remains out so Micah Richards will continue to deputise after an impressive display in the 3-0 win over Sunderland last time out.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- West Brom have not scored in their last four Premier League games against Manchester City.
- However, Steve Clarke's side have won three of their last five home games against the Premier League champions.
- West Brom have won six and lost just one of their last eight home Premier League games.
- The Baggies have won their first four home games of a top-flight league season for the first time since 1919.
- Carlos Tevez (pictured, right) has scored five goals in four Premier League appearances against West Brom.
- Manchester City have fired in more shots on target than any other team in the top flight (48).
- And Roberto Mancini's men have allowed the opposition the join-fewest shots on target against them this season (22).
Top 3 Predictions
West Bromwich 0-3 Manchester City
- 12.64 %
West Bromwich 1-3 Manchester City
- 12.25 %
West Bromwich 0-4 Manchester City
- 12.17 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||08-May-2013||Manchester City 1 - West Bromwich 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||20-Oct-2012||West Bromwich 1 - Manchester City 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||12-Apr-2012||Manchester City 4 - West Bromwich 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||26-Dec-2011||West Bromwich 0 - Manchester City 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||05-Feb-2011||Manchester City 3 - West Bromwich 0|
|19-May-2013||West Bromwich 5 - Manchester United 5||EPL|
|12-May-2013||Norwich City 4 - West Bromwich 0||EPL|
|08-May-2013||Manchester City 1 - West Bromwich 0||EPL|
|04-May-2013||West Bromwich 2 - Wigan Athletic 3||EPL|
|27-Apr-2013||Southampton 0 - West Bromwich 3||EPL|
|30||Sebastien Gabriel Tamaş||Defender|