Chievo - AC Milan Preview: Rossoneri looking to bounce back against Flying Donkeys
Massimiliano Allegri's side were stunned by a late Fiorentina goal at the weekend to see their Scudetto hopes take a blow, but Tuesday's trip offers a source of redemption
By Livio Caferoglu
Frey, Andreolli, Cesar, Facchinetti
Luciano, Rigoni, Bradley
Abate, Nesta, Mexes, Antonini
Emanuelson, Muntari, Nocerino
Similarly to AC Milan, Chievo have a depleted playing squad, which sees Boukary Drame, Fernando Uribe, Gennaro Sardo, Bojan Jokic, Francesco Acerbi, Nikolai Gulan, Davide Moscardelli and Davide Mandelli all sidelined.
Consequently, coach Domenico Di Carlo is to make two changes from the side that impressively halted Catania's run of good fortune in a 3-2 win on Saturday. Swiss left-back Mickael Facchinetti is expected to make his debut for the club in the place of Drame, while Cyril Thereau replaces Luciano, allowing Luca Rigoni to drop into midfield at the expense of Rinaldo Cruzado.
Meanwhile the problems continue to stock up for visitors AC Milan. Just one point out of a possible six, including the shock 2-1 reverse to Fiorentina two days ago, has put Massimiliano Allegri firmly under the spotlight, but his task has not been helped with an ever-increasing list of injuries to first-team players.
Mark van Bommel, Thiago Silva, Filippo Inzaghi, Rodney Strasser, Flavio Roma, Mathieu Flamini, Alexandre Pato and Djamel Mesbah have all been ruled out of Tuesday's encounter, while Alberto Aquilani, Daniele Bonera and Massimo Ambrosini will sit out the match through suspension. Philippe Mexes is struggling for fitness, with Mario Yepes on standby.
Two alterations are expected to be made from the weekend. Gianluca Zambrotta is to be dropped in favour of Luca Antonini, while Kevin-Prince Boateng should start as the team's trequartista.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chievo are unbeaten in their last four games, winning two games on the bounce against Fiorentina and Catania.
- However, they have failed to keep a clean sheet in this sequence. Their last came at the hands of Cesena six matches ago.
- Their recent home form has been disappointing. The Flying Donkeys have lost four of their last seven at the Bentegodi.
- AC Milan are in the midst of a four-game winless run in all competitions, including two successive defeats to Barcelona and Fiorentina.
- Their away form has stuttered of late, having won just one of their last five. It comes in stark contrast to picking up six victories in seven away games prior to their dip in form.
- However, they have won their past seven meetings with Chievo.
Top 3 Predictions
Chievo 1-0 Milan
- 21.99 %
Chievo 0-2 Milan
- 17.46 %
Chievo 0-3 Milan
- 10.48 %
|Serie A (SR-A)||10-Nov-2013||Chievo 0 - Milan 0|
|Serie A (SR-A)||30-Mar-2013||Chievo 0 - Milan 1|
|Serie A (SR-A)||03-Nov-2012||Milan 5 - Chievo 1|
|Serie A (SR-A)||11-Apr-2012||Chievo 0 - Milan 1|
|Serie A (SR-A)||28-Nov-2011||Milan 4 - Chievo 0|
|02-Mar-2014||Atalanta 2 - Chievo 1||SR-A|
|23-Feb-2014||Chievo 2 - Catania 0||SR-A|
|16-Feb-2014||Juventus 3 - Chievo 1||SR-A|
|08-Feb-2014||Udinese 3 - Chievo 0||SR-A|
|02-Feb-2014||Chievo 0 - Lazio 2||SR-A|
|21||Nicolas Sebastien Frey||Defender|
|2||Mattia De Sciglio||Defender|
|8||Gennaro Ivan Gattuso||Midfielder|
|92||Stephan El Shaarawy||Striker|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed