AC Milan - Fiorentina Preview: Allegri's men aim to bounce back with win against struggling Viola
The Rossoneri were disappointingly knocked out of the Champions League by Barcelona in midweek, but will resume domestic affairs on Saturday when Delio Rossi's side come to town
By Livio Caferoglu
Abate, Bonera, Mexes, Antonini
Aquilani, Muntari, Nocerino
Cassani, Natali, Nastasic, Pasqual
Marchionni, Behrami, Olivera, Vargas
Massimiliano Allegri will again have to make do without the services of Mark van Bommel, Thiago Silva, Filippo Inzaghi, Rodney Strasser, Flavio Roma and Mathieu Flamini, while Alexandre Pato is out for the rest of the season due to a troublesome muscle injury.
However, that should not deter the 44-year-old from making changes to his team, as three are expected to be made from the side that was defeated 3-1 by Barcelona in the Champions League on Tuesday.
Alberto Aquilani, Sulley Muntari and Urby Emanuelson look set to replace Clarence Seedorf, Massimo Ambrosini and Kevin-Prince Boateng for the visit of Fiorentina.
Viola, meanwhile, have seen themselves tumble down the table at an alarming pace, following a wretched run of form of late. Nonetheless, widespread alterations are not expected from under-fire coach Delio Rossi.
Amauri requires a late fitness test, while Riccardo Montolivo is suspended, so Andrea Lazzari and Ruben Olivera will come into the fold as their replacements. Alessandro Gamberini is also sidelined with injury, so Cesare Natali is set to start against the Rossoneri.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The draw in the reverse fixture ended a run of seven straight wins for AC Milan against Fiorentina.
- The Rossoneri boast Serie A's best attack with 60 goals - 22 of these have been netted by Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
- AC Milan have won nine of the 10 games in which they have been leading at home.
- Their only defeat at San Siro in the league this season was in the derby against Inter.
- Over the past decade, Fiorentina have managed to beat AC Milan in the league just once - a 3-1 win at the Artemio Franchi in November 2005.
- The Viola's last victory at San Siro was back in 2001, with Enrico Chiesa scoring a double in a 2-1 win.
- Fiorentina would be 18th in the Serie A standings if only the last 10 games were taken into consideration.
- They have won just one match away from home this season, against Novara.
Top 3 Predictions
Milan 3-0 Fiorentina
- 30.98 %
Milan 2-0 Fiorentina
- 18.21 %
Milan 3-1 Fiorentina
- 9.6 %
|Serie A (SR-A)||03-Nov-2013||Milan 0 - Fiorentina 2|
|Serie A (SR-A)||07-Apr-2013||Fiorentina 2 - Milan 2|
|Serie A (SR-A)||11-Nov-2012||Milan 1 - Fiorentina 3|
|Serie A (SR-A)||07-Apr-2012||Milan 1 - Fiorentina 2|
|Serie A (SR-A)||20-Nov-2011||Fiorentina 0 - Milan 0|
|03-Mar-2014||Milan 0 - Juventus 2||SR-A|
|23-Feb-2014||Sampdoria 0 - Milan 2||SR-A|
|20-Feb-2014||Milan 0 - Atletico de Madrid 1||UCL|
|15-Feb-2014||Milan 1 - Bologna 0||SR-A|
|09-Feb-2014||Napoli 3 - Milan 1||SR-A|
|8||Gennaro Ivan Gattuso||Midfielder|
|92||Stephan El Shaarawy||Striker|
|29||Lorenzo De Silvestri||Defender|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed