Serie A Preview: Roma - Bologna
In the wake of their disappointing Coppa Italia exit to Juventus midweek, the Giallorossi will be hoping to recover some pride against Stefano Pioli's struggling outfit on Sunday
By Livio Caferoglu
Rosi, Juan, Heinze, Taddei
Simplicio, Gago, Pjanic
Raggi, Portanova, Antonsson, Crespo
Perez, Mudingayi, Morleo
Taider, Di Vaio
Roma coach Luis Enrique is expected to name an unchanged team from Tuesday's 3-0 Coppa Italia quarter-final defeat to Juventus, despite Erik Lamela's sending-off in that encounter. However, Daniele De Rossi and Marco Cassetti have not been deemed fit enough to participate, while there is similarly no such luck for long-term absentees Pablo Osvaldo and Nicolas Burdisso.
However, Bologna look set to ring the changes from the goalless draw with Parma in Serie A last Sunday, as Matteo Rubin, Gyorgy Garics and Robert Acquafresca are to be replaced by Jose Angel Crespo, Archimede Morleo and Saphir Taider. Panagiotis Kone, Simone Loria and Nico Pulzetti are all on the sidelines, but Gaston Ramirez finds himself suspended.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Roma are unbeaten in their last eight meetings against Bologna in Serie A, winning five and drawing three in the process.
- The Giallorossi have scored in 21 consecutive home matches against Sunday's opponents.
- Roma are also on a run of four straight wins; their best run in Serie A since April 2010, when they won six on the trot.
- The home side are the only Serie A outfit to have lost each of their games after falling behind this season (six).
- Bologna have emerged victorious over Roma more times than against any other opponent in Serie A.
- They have also scored 68 goals at Roma; more than against any other team away from home.
- Striker Marco Di Vaio has already notched seven goals against the Giallorossi in Serie A.
- However, Bologna have won just one of their last six league games.
How do you stay up with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com –your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful
Top 3 Predictions
AS Roma 3-0 Bologna
- 29.33 %
AS Roma 2-0 Bologna
- 20.68 %
AS Roma 3-1 Bologna
- 18.35 %
|Serie A (SR-A)||23-Feb-2014||Bologna 0 - AS Roma 1|
|Serie A (SR-A)||30-Sep-2013||AS Roma 5 - Bologna 0|
|Serie A (SR-A)||27-Jan-2013||Bologna 3 - AS Roma 3|
|Serie A (SR-A)||16-Sep-2012||AS Roma 2 - Bologna 3|
|Serie A (SR-A)||29-Jan-2012||AS Roma 1 - Bologna 1|
|02-Mar-2014||AS Roma 0 - Inter 0||SR-A|
|23-Feb-2014||Bologna 0 - AS Roma 1||SR-A|
|17-Feb-2014||AS Roma 3 - Sampdoria 0||SR-A|
|13-Feb-2014||Napoli 3 - AS Roma 0||ITAC|
|09-Feb-2014||Lazio 0 - AS Roma 0||SR-A|
|30||Fabio Henrique Simplicio||Midfielder|
|9||Marco Di Vaio||Striker|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed