Granada - Valencia Preview: Unai Emery's under-pressure side look to bounce back from Sevilla loss
With just one win in their last eight matches, Los Che desperately need to get back to winning ways if they are to hold on to third place in the Primera Division standings
By Karthick Arvinth
Nyom, Lopez, Gomez, Siqueira
F Rico, M Rico
Abel, Uche, Benitez
Bruno, Rami, Ruiz, Mathieu
Albelda, T Costa
Feghouli, Jonas, Alba
Granada defender Inigo Lopez could recover from the muscle problem that ruled him out of last weekend's defeat at Osasuna and start against Valencia on Sunday.
Goalkeeper Roberto and midfielder Carlos Martins are suspended for the clash, while Hassan Yebda is sidelined for several months with ruptured knee ligaments. Brazilian left-back Guilherme Siqueira is available for selection again after serving a one-match suspension.
Valencia will be without Argentine midfielder Ever Banega, who has been sidelined from action for up to six months after undergoing surgery for a broken ankle.
Right-back Miguel will also sit out the trip to Granada through injury, with Bruno likely to deputise.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Granada have won three and lost two in the league since Abel Resino was appointed coach in January.
- The Andalusian club have won four of their last six league matches played at Nuevo Los Carmenes.
- Granada have scored 10 goals in the five games for which Resino has been in charge, having netted just 12 in 19 matches prior to this.
- Valencia have won just one of their last eight league fixtures - a run that has seen their lead over fourth-placed Levante shrink to just five points.
- Los Che are on a six-game winless run away from home in the league. Their last win on the road came at Rayo Vallecano in November.
- Roberto Soldado (pictured right), who netted a hat-trick for Spain in their friendly win over Venezuela in midweek, has not scored in his last eight appearances for Valencia.
Top 3 Predictions
Ciudad de Murcia 0-8 Valencia
- 21.21 %
Ciudad de Murcia 0-2 Valencia
- 13.13 %
Ciudad de Murcia 1-3 Valencia
- 13.13 %
|La Liga (LIGA)||25-Sep-2013||Ciudad de Murcia 0 - Valencia 1|
|La Liga (LIGA)||26-May-2013||Valencia 1 - Ciudad de Murcia 0|
|La Liga (LIGA)||05-Jan-2013||Ciudad de Murcia 1 - Valencia 2|
|La Liga (LIGA)||04-Mar-2012||Ciudad de Murcia 0 - Valencia 1|
|La Liga (LIGA)||01-Oct-2011||Valencia 1 - Ciudad de Murcia 0|
|Ciudad de Murcia|
|08-Dec-2013||Alcorcon C.F. 0 - Ciudad de Murcia 2||ESPC|
|01-Dec-2013||Ciudad de Murcia 1 - Sevilla 2||LIGA|
|23-Nov-2013||Barcelona 4 - Ciudad de Murcia 0||LIGA|
|09-Nov-2013||Ciudad de Murcia 3 - Malaga 1||LIGA|
|03-Nov-2013||Levante 0 - Ciudad de Murcia 1||LIGA|
|20||Aritz Aduriz Zubeldia||Striker|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed