- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Valencia - Sevilla Preview: Hosts look to get payback at Mestalla in the clubs' fourth meeting this season
Riding high after knocking out Stoke City in the Europa League, Unai Emery's men look to avoid their third defeat of the season to Sunday's 11th-placed visitors
By Roger Gonzalez
Bruno, Rami, Dealbert, Mathieu
Albelda, Tino Costa
Feghouli, Jonas, Piatti
Coke, Spahic, Fazio, Navarro
Navas, Medel, Rakitic, Reyes
For the Europa League contenders, Roberto Soldado, fresh from his first call-up to the Spain national team since 2007, will likely be in the starting XI after coming on as a substitute on Thursday.
On the injury front, Sergio Canales and Hedwiges Maduro are still recovering from serious problems and will not feature, while Miguel is set to miss a month after suffering an injury to his right leg last weekend. With the recent bizare damage to Ever Banega, the Argentine will miss the rest of the season and Tino Costa looks to replace him.
For Sevilla, the team looks fairly healthy entering the contest, though Gary Medel, Ivan Rakitic, Frederic Kanoute and Federico Fazio practiced separate from the rest of the team early in the week, but they are all expected to be fit for the contest.
However, the mid-table side will be without the services of defender Alexis, who was sent out on loan to Getafe until June.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Valencia currently sit in third place in La Liga with 40 points, seven ahead of Espanyol and Athletic Bilbao.
- On Thursday, a goal from Jonas saw Los Che defeat Stoke City in the second leg of their Europa Leage round-of-32 clash. The Spaniards advanced 2-0 on aggregate.
- In their last four games, Emery's side have kept three clean sheets, two coming against the English side in cup play.
- Sevilla, who sit in 11th place in the league with 29 points, are only four away from fourth.
- The visitors have beaten Valencia twice this season, 1-0 in their first league match and 2-1 in a Copa del Rey clash
- Before beating Osasuna 2-0 last week in league play, the visitors had gone eight La Liga fixtures without a win.
Top 3 Predictions
Valencia 2-0 Sevilla
- 23.02 %
Valencia 2-1 Sevilla
- 13.49 %
Valencia 3-1 Sevilla
- 12.7 %
|La Liga (LIGA)||13-Jan-2013||Valencia 2 - Sevilla 0|
|La Liga (LIGA)||26-Feb-2012||Valencia 1 - Sevilla 2|
|Copa del Rey (ESPC)||12-Jan-2012||Sevilla 2 - Valencia 1|
|Copa del Rey (ESPC)||06-Jan-2012||Valencia 1 - Sevilla 0|
|La Liga (LIGA)||24-Sep-2011||Sevilla 1 - Valencia 0|
|18-May-2013||Getafe 0 - Valencia 1||LIGA|
|12-May-2013||Rayo Vallecano 0 - Valencia 4||LIGA|
|04-May-2013||Valencia 4 - Osasuna 0||LIGA|
|29-Apr-2013||Real Sociedad 4 - Valencia 2||LIGA|
|21-Apr-2013||Valencia 5 - Malaga 1||LIGA|
|23||Aritz Aduriz Zubeldia||Striker|
|7||Jesús Navas González||Midfielder|
|20||Manu Del Moral||Striker|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed