La Liga Preview: Real Madrid v Osasuna
Jose Mourinho's men will be looking to continue their impressive form at home to Jose Luis Mendilibar's side, who themselves will come into the game high on confidence
By Luke Matthews
Diarra, Ramos, Pepe, Arbeloa
Xabi Alonso, Khedira
Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo
Raitala, Lolo, Sergio, Bertran
Damia, Raul Garcia, Nekounam, Punal
Deferred Live On Ten Action+ 9.30 pm, Sunday 6th Nov 2011
Real Madrid will be without Nuri Sahin and Ricardo Carvalho who are both still not fully match-fit while Fabio Coentrao is a major doubt after a picking up a muscular strain in the 2-0 win over Lyon midweek.
With fellow left-back Marcelo also ruled out, Alvaro Arbeloa is expected to return to the starting line-up after recovering from a niggle, although Kaka is likely to sit out, with Mesut Ozil resuming his role in attacking midfield.
Lassana Diarra could continue at right-back due to Madrid's defensive problems, while Gonzalo Higuain is favourite to be handed the lone striker role after missing the club's Champions League victory on Wednesday.
Jose Luis Mendilibar will be looking to make minimum changes from the side who beat La Liga's former leaders Levante last weekend. However, the coach will be forced into replacing the suspended Alvaro Cejudo, with Damia a candidate to take his place in midfield.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
Real Madrid have lost only two of their 33 La Liga games against Osasuna, winning 26 of these encounters and drawing five.
- Jose Mourinho's men have won all of their games at home this season, whilst averaging 4.25 goals per match in the Spanish top flight.
- Mesut Ozil is yet to complete a full 90 minutes for Madrid in La Liga this season.
- Osasuna suffered their biggest ever defeat in the league against Real Madrid in 1958-59, losing 8-0, the same scoreline by which they lost to Barcelona earlier on this season.
- Jose Luis Mendilibar's men were the last team to avoid defeat against Madrid after going behind in the league (winning 2-1 in May 2009). The Spanish giants have won 68 games since then.
- Osasuna have scored the most headed goals in La Liga this season (five), level with Atletico Madrid and Sevilla.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
Top 3 Predictions
Real Madrid 4-0 Osasuna
- 21.11 %
Real Madrid 3-0 Osasuna
- 15.59 %
Real Madrid 5-0 Osasuna
- 15.02 %
|Copa del Rey (ESPC)||16-Jan-2014||Osasuna 0 - Real Madrid 2|
|Copa del Rey (ESPC)||10-Jan-2014||Real Madrid 2 - Osasuna 0|
|La Liga (LIGA)||14-Dec-2013||Osasuna 2 - Real Madrid 2|
|La Liga (LIGA)||01-Jun-2013||Real Madrid 4 - Osasuna 2|
|La Liga (LIGA)||13-Jan-2013||Osasuna 0 - Real Madrid 0|
|17-Apr-2014||Barcelona 1 - Real Madrid 2||ESPC|
|13-Apr-2014||Real Madrid 4 - Almeria 0||LIGA|
|09-Apr-2014||Borussia Dortmund 2 - Real Madrid 0||UCL|
|05-Apr-2014||Real Sociedad 0 - Real Madrid 4||LIGA|
|03-Apr-2014||Real Madrid 3 - Borussia Dortmund 0||UCL|
|22||Ángel Di María||Midfielder|
|5||Manuel Ortiz Toribio||Midfielder|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed