|Real Zaragoza (4-4-2): Franco, Juarez, Mateos, Lanzaro, Arango; Pinter, Ponzio, Lafita, Minero; Perez, Uche
Javier Aguirre's outfit have seen a number of changes over the summer, with nine new additions being made to the Zaragoza side. New recruits include experienced centre-back Fernando Meira, and on-loan Portuguese star Ruben Micael, but the latter is unlikely to make his debut at this stage. Recent signing Pablo Barrera should make the bench.
| Real Madrid (4-2-3-1): Casillas; Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Carvalho, Coentrao; Xabi Alonso, Khedira; Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo; Benzema
Jose Mourinho has improved his squad with a number of signings during the off-season, but few, if any of the new faces are likely to be considered to compete at La Romareda. Former Benfica man Fabio Coentrao may be given the nod at left-back, while Nuri Sahin is fighting to overcome a knee injury. Otherwise, the Portuguese coach should have a clean bill ahead ahead of the delayed start to the campaign.
- Real Madrid dropped only six points at home last season, and one of the sides who managed to grab a win at the Santiago Bernabeu was this week's opponents.
- Prior to the recent Supercopa loss to Barcelona, Madrid's last away defeat in all competitions came against Osasuna on January 30th when they lost 1-0.
- Last season, Jose Mourinho's men scored most of their goals in the league between the 16th and 30th minute and conceded most between the 46th and 60th minute.
- Cristiano Ronaldo attempted a shot at goal 250 times last season in La Liga.
- Real Zaragoza's highest league appearances last season were made by Gabi and Jiri Jarosik, who are both no longer with the club after moving on to Atletico Madrid and Sparta Prague respectively.
- Javier Aguirre's side performed twice as well at home as they did away last season, notching up 30 points at La Romareda and 15 on the road.
- In the last campaign, Zaragoza conceded most of their goals between the 76th and the 90th minute.
- Zaragoza scored well under half the amount of goals that their weekend counterparts managed to notch up last season, with 40 goals to Madrid's 102.
Download the Goal.com Mobile app, and the world of football will be at your fingertips and in your pocket!