- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
PSV - AZ Preview: Visitors looking to close in on league leaders Ajax with victory in Eindhoven
The Alkmaar side travel to the Philips Stadium in what will be a crucial match in the race for the league title and European football
By Renger Dotinga
Hutchinson, Marcelo, Derijck, Manolev
Wijnaldum, Toivonen, Engelaar
Labyad, Matavz, Mertens
Reijnen, Moisander, Viergever, Poulsen
Elm, Martens, Maher
Beerens, Altidore, Gudmundsson
PSV will be without the services of Erik Pieters on Saturday, with the left-back currently nursing a foot injury. Stanislav Manolev is likely to deputise, given the inconsistent form of the young Jetro Willems.
Netherlands international Kevin Strootman is also unlikely to feature, having been withdrawn before the interval through injury in his side’s last outing.
Phillip Cocu will also be unable to call upon goalkeeper Andreas Isaksson, who is currently recovering from a shoulder problem.
For the visitors, Brett Holman has returned from suspension but is unlikely to make an appearance due to a muscular problem. Furthermore, Celso Ortiz remains sidelined with a knee injury, while Rasmus Elm is doubtful, too.
Dirk Marcellis picked up a booking in his side’s last outing against Twente, and will therefore be suspended for Saturday’s tie.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- PSV currently sit fifth in the league standings, trailing leaders Ajax by seven points.
- The Eindhoven side’s title dreams were dealt a huge blow away to RKC in midweek, the Waalwijk outfit running out 2-1 winners.
- The Brabant outfit recently picked up their first piece of silverware since 2008, claiming the KNVB Beker courtesy of a 3-0 win over Heracles.
- AZ have failed to win their last three matches, drawing their last two league outings by a scoreline of 2-2.
- The second-placed visitors are just three points behind Ajax, and can draw level on points with a win on Saturday.
- Jozy Altidore (pictured) is the Alkmaar side’s top scorer, netting three in his side’s last two domestic outings.
Top 3 Predictions
PSV 3-1 Alkmaar
- 14.29 %
PSV 1-3 Alkmaar
- 12.25 %
PSV 1-2 Alkmaar
- 12.25 %
|Netherlands - KNVB Beker (NEDC)||09-May-2013||Alkmaar 2 - PSV 1|
|Eredivisie (ERE)||21-Apr-2013||Alkmaar 1 - PSV 3|
|Eredivisie (ERE)||02-Sep-2012||PSV 5 - Alkmaar 1|
|Eredivisie (ERE)||14-Apr-2012||PSV 3 - Alkmaar 2|
|Eredivisie (ERE)||07-Aug-2011||Alkmaar 3 - PSV 1|
|12-May-2013||Twente 3 - PSV 1||ERE|
|09-May-2013||Alkmaar 2 - PSV 1||NEDC|
|05-May-2013||PSV 4 - NEC 2||ERE|
|27-Apr-2013||PSV 5 - Groningen 2||ERE|
|21-Apr-2013||Alkmaar 1 - PSV 3||ERE|
|10||Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink||Striker|
|15||Simon Busk Poulsen||Defender|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed