Toulouse - Montpellier Preview: Visitors seek to open up a five point gap at top of Ligue 1
The league leaders travel to Stadium Municipal on Friday night to face Alain Casanova's men, who have a formidable home record, as the title race hots up
By Mohammed Ali
Ninkov, Congre, Abdennour, M'Bengue
Regattin, Sirieix, Machado
Bocaly, Yanga-Mbiwa, Hilton, Bedimo
Camara, Belhanda, Utaka
Toulouse boss Alain Casanova has few major injury concerns ahead of the visit of the league leaders, though with a third defeat in the last four games, the trainer is expected to make a few changes. Etienne Didot has been ruled out for the rest of the season and Serge Aurier is also doubtful.
Montpellier meanwhile are disadvantaged with the news that key midfielders Marco Estrada and Joris Marveaux could miss a potentially crucial title-run.
The Chilean international is struggling with a knee injury, whilst Marveaux is hindered with a thigh complaint as the side look to build on their two point lead and secure a first ever league title.
Should either midfielder not feature, Benjamin Stambouli is set to be moved into a defensive midfield role alongside Jamel Saihi.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Toulouse are seventh in Ligue 1 with 53 points after Saturday's 2-1 defeat to Evian.
- Le Tefece have only lost two home games all season in the league, and recently thrashed Lyon 3-0 at Stadium Municipal.
- Alain Casanova's men are just three points off a prospective European place.
- Montpellier are first in the table, two points ahead of PSG with only five games to go.
- The title challengers have lost two of their last three away games.
- Olivier Giroud (20), Younes Belhanda (10) and Souleymane Camara (eight) have more league goals than the entire Toulouse squad combined (36).
Top 3 Predictions
Toulouse FC 1-2 Montpellier HSC
- 17.19 %
Toulouse FC 1-0 Montpellier HSC
- 15.63 %
Toulouse FC 1-1 Montpellier HSC
- 10.94 %
|Ligue 1 (Lig1)||08-Dec-2013||Toulouse FC 1 - Montpellier HSC 1|
|Club Friendlies (FRC)||23-Jul-2013||Montpellier HSC 0 - Toulouse FC 0|
|Ligue 1 (Lig1)||27-May-2013||Toulouse FC 2 - Montpellier HSC 0|
|Ligue 1 (Lig1)||11-Aug-2012||Montpellier HSC 1 - Toulouse FC 1|
|Ligue 1 (Lig1)||27-Apr-2012||Toulouse FC 0 - Montpellier HSC 1|
|08-Dec-2013||Toulouse FC 1 - Montpellier HSC 1||Lig1|
|06-Dec-2013||O. Lyon 1 - Toulouse FC 1||Lig1|
|01-Dec-2013||Toulouse FC 5 - FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 1||Lig1|
|24-Nov-2013||Lille 1 - Toulouse FC 0||Lig1|
|10-Nov-2013||Toulouse FC 1 - AC Ajaccio 1||Lig1|
|14||François Paxti Sirieix||Midfielder|
|7||Wissam Ben Yedder||Midfielder|
|5||Vitorino Hilton da Silva||Defender|
|21||Abdelhamid El Kaoutari||Defender|
|18||Karim Ait Fana||Striker|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed