Bundesliga Preview: Bayern Munich - Hamburg
Bavarians are out for revenge following their 2-0 pre-season loss to Michael Oenning's side and have few injury troubles ahead of the clash
By Clark Whitney
|Bayern Munich (4-2-3-1)
Neuer; Rafinha, Boateng, Badstuber, Lahm; Gustavo, Schweinsteiger; Robben, Muller, Ribery; Gomez
Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery and Mario Gomez were nursing slight knocks following Wednesday's win against Zurich, but are all expected to be fit to start on Saturday. With the exception of Breno, coach Jupp Heynckes will have a full squad on hand. The coach is expected to make no big changes to his usual line-up, although the role in attack behind Mario Gomez is still undecided, with Thomas Muller and Toni Kroos vying for a starting berth.
Drobny; Diekmeier, Bruma, Mancienne, Aogo; Westermann, Jarolim; Rincon, Son, Jansen; Petric
Jose Paolo Guerrero, Jacopo Sala, Miroslav Stepanek, Tolgay Arslan, and Marcus Berg are all unavailable for Hamburg, although Michael Oenning will have no shortage of depth for Saturday's match. The coach is expected to opt for a particularly cautious formation, with defensively skilled duo Marcell Jansen and Tomas Rincon on the wings, replacing usual starters Eljero Elia and Gokhan Tore.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bayern Munich have only lost one of their last 11 BL games (eight wins, two draws), not allowing their opponents more than one goal in any of these 11 games.
- FCB have never lost their first two home matches in a league season.
- The Bavarians haven't conceded a BL goal against Hamburg for 288 minutes now - they have kept a clean sheet in the two teams' last three meetings.
- Hamburg's 0-6 drubbing in the most recent meeting at Munich in March of this year led to the sacking of former manager Armin Veh and the instalment of current manager Michael Oenning.
- Oenning's side are the only Bundesliga team to have won two games at Allianz Arena - they were also the team to hand Bayern their first defeat in the new arena (1-2 in March 2006).
- The northern Germans are winless in nine BL games (six draws, three defeats). Their last victory came back in April when they beat Köln 3-0 on the road.
Download the Goal.com Mobile app, and the world of football will be at your fingertips and in your pocket!
Top 3 Predictions
Bayern 2-0 Hamburger SV
- 26.16 %
Bayern 3-1 Hamburger SV
- 11.92 %
Bayern 2-1 Hamburger SV
- 11.92 %
|Club Friendlies (FRC)||20-Jul-2013||Hamburger SV 0 - Bayern 4|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||30-Mar-2013||Bayern 9 - Hamburger SV 2|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||03-Nov-2012||Hamburger SV 0 - Bayern 3|
|Club Friendlies (FRC)||05-Aug-2012||Bayern 1 - Hamburger SV 0|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||04-Feb-2012||Hamburger SV 1 - Bayern 1|
|05-Dec-2013||FC Augsburg 0 - Bayern 2||GERC|
|30-Nov-2013||Bayern 2 - Eintracht Braunschweig 0||BUN|
|27-Nov-2013||CSKA Moscow 1 - Bayern 3||UCL|
|23-Nov-2013||Borussia Dortmund 0 - Bayern 3||BUN|
|09-Nov-2013||Bayern 3 - FC Augsburg 0||BUN|
|5||Daniel Van Buyten||Defender|
|8||Tomás Eduardo Rincón||Midfielder|
|13||Per Ciljan Skjelbred||Midfielder|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed