- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Bundesliga Preview: Hoffenheim - Borussia Dortmund
The defending champions will be looking to continue their good start to the season as they travel to Sinsheim to face Holger Stanislawski's injury-crippled outfit
By Vasil Kotsev
Starke; Beck, Vorsah, Compper, Braafheid; Rudy, Salihovic; Obasi, Babel, Johnson; Schipplock
The Sinsheim outfit are facing an injury crisis with five players from the first team ruled out from the Bundesliga clash against the defending champions. Defenders Manuel Gulde and Andreas Ibertsberger, midfielders Tobias Weis and Boris Vukcevic as well as striker Vedad Ibisevic have been deemed unfit to start the game on Saturday.
Hoffenheim record transfer Gylfi Sigurdsson and defender Matthias Jaissle are set to recover from injuries by Saturday, but are unlikely to start the match against Dortmund.
|Borussia Dortmund (4-2-3-1)
Weidenfeller; Piszczek, Santana, Hummels, Lowe; Gundogan, Bender; Gotze, Kagawa, Grosskreutz; Lewandowski
Jurgen Klopp will have to do without the services of first-choice striker Lucas Barrios, who is out for at least four weeks after picking up an injury while on international duty. Defenders Patrick Owomoyela, Neven Subotic, Julian Koch are also set to miss out on the clash against Hoffenheim as they are still recuperating.
Germany international Marcel Schmelzer is expected to recover in time for the game, but is unlikely to start the match.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Hoffenheim have lost just once in their six Bundesliga games against the reigning champions.
- There have been four dismissals and three penalties in the seven competitive matches between the two teams.
- Hoffenheim lost their Bundesliga opener for the first time in their history last Saturday.
- Borussia Dortmund won against every team last season, except Hoffenheim, on their way to their seventh Bundesliga title.
- Germany international Mario Gotze, who played a key part in the national side's win over Brazil on Wednesday, has been in scintillating form so far, and was involved in all three goals Dortmund scored in the Bundesliga opener.
- Kevin Grosskreutz recorded his first double last Friday.
Top 3 Predictions
TSG Hoffenheim 0-2 Borussia Dortmund
- 19.67 %
TSG Hoffenheim 0-3 Borussia Dortmund
- 18.85 %
TSG Hoffenheim 1-2 Borussia Dortmund
- 16.8 %
|1. Bundesliga (GER1)||18-May-2013||Borussia Dortmund 1 - TSG Hoffenheim 2|
|1. Bundesliga (GER1)||16-Dec-2012||TSG Hoffenheim 1 - Borussia Dortmund 3|
|1. Bundesliga (GER1)||28-Jan-2012||Borussia Dortmund 3 - TSG Hoffenheim 1|
|1. Bundesliga (GER1)||13-Aug-2011||TSG Hoffenheim 1 - Borussia Dortmund 0|
|1. Bundesliga (GER1)||12-Mar-2011||TSG Hoffenheim 1 - Borussia Dortmund 0|
|18-May-2013||Borussia Dortmund 1 - TSG Hoffenheim 2||GER1|
|11-May-2013||TSG Hoffenheim 1 - Hamburger SV 4||GER1|
|04-May-2013||Werder Bremen 2 - TSG Hoffenheim 2||GER1|
|27-Apr-2013||TSG Hoffenheim 2 - FC Nürnberg 1||GER1|
|20-Apr-2013||Bayer Leverkusen 5 - TSG Hoffenheim 0||GER1|
|19||Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi||Striker|
|22||Peniel Kokou Mlapa||Striker|
Times In IST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed